Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***BEWARE*** Corrupt tune for 5th gen Ram with Cummins

Rhaug300

Reaction score
Man... I just wanted to find a good tune. LOL. I am new to message boards/forums. As a matter of fact this is the first one I have joined ever. So not sure what a troll is or the benefit they enjoy from bad talking tunes that are seem to be good in the eyes of a lot of members.
I just wanted to make sure that no one else saw the same couple of youtube videos stating that Optimal Welding's tunes were the best, bought them and then bricked their ECM like I did. We all paid a A LOT of money for our truck and love them equally and do not want them screwed up by something as damaging as the programming from someone that obviously doesn't know how to program.
I just wanted a real recommendation for a tune that is better than the current GDP tune that I am running now. I have heard mixed opinions about GDP as well but at least my truck runs with their tunes.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Try calibrated power. I think that's what most here that are tuned are running.

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
For the record, I have had an awesome experience thus far with Optimal Welding. You may have answered or stated about this but, is it possible that it got bricked because you uploaded the SOTF tuning when he told you that you did not have the proper switch (even though you said what you have is the same and should work)?

Lift89

Reaction score
He may be good for you aslong as you are paying for igottacummins membership (that form is a joke aswell) then as soon as you are not a member he completely ignores you… we have 3 trucks we had his tunes on after a bunch of trys he could not get it right so we were forced to go to another tuner…

There are plenty of other reviews stating the same thing elsewhere and if you get caught talking bad about his tunes they will ban you from igotacummins forum regardless that you paid for a membership Ray has a cult following thats it.

Well, I dont think that is cool if he really does that, but hes done right by me, Im just speaking from experience.

And I guess it looks like people have bad luck everywhere. So I’ll change the way I go about this….

I guess go with whatever tuner or person you feel is doing a good job with your truck, and mods. If you like the way it drives then it doesn’t matter if someones grandma tunes it then. If you’re happy with it, then that’s all that matter.

I wasn’t looking for huge power. I like his trans tuning a lot, and on the highest setting I’m getting around 175hp over stock. That’s plenty enough for me.

I’m sure there are better tuners out there for BIG POWER and big mods. But for my application it works for me, drives good, has lots of power, temps are in check, gas mileage is 22mpg empty, safe for towing my 5th wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well, I dont think that is cool if he really does that, but hes done right by me, Im just speaking from experience.

And I guess it looks like people have bad luck everywhere. So I’ll change the way I go about this….

I guess go with whatever tuner or person you feel is doing a good job with your truck, and mods. If you like the way it drives then it doesn’t matter if someones grandma tunes it then. If you’re happy with it, then that’s all that matter.

I wasn’t looking for huge power. I like his trans tuning a lot, and on the highest setting I’m getting around 175hp over stock. That’s plenty enough for me.

I’m sure there are better tuners out there for BIG POWER and big mods. But for my application it works for me, drives good, has lots of power, temps are in check, gas mileage is 22mpg empty, safe for towing my 5th wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the end of the day if you are happy with it thats all that matters! Just like the people who like the Optimal welding tunes if they are happy with them thats great especially after spending all the money any tuner charges

Users who are viewing this thread