Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black lug nuts for Night Edition wheels

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
When I ordered my limited night edition, I assumed that the lug nuts would be black as well. Well I found out that they aren't, and I didn't even see this as an option when ordering. Also the wheel lock isn't black. Just fyi for anyone else who ordered...

Does anyone know if the Mopar black lug nuts work for 2022? I would assume yes. Has anyone ordered these before or are they any good? Does the black come off of them? It's for a 2500 limited diesel.
Here's the link to the Mopar part: Black lug nuts

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
When I ordered my limited night edition, I assumed that the lug nuts would be black as well. Well I found out that they aren't, and I didn't even see this as an option when ordering. Also the wheel lock isn't black. Just fyi for anyone else who ordered...

Does anyone know if the Mopar black lug nuts work for 2022? I would assume yes. Has anyone ordered these before or are they any good? Does the black come off of them? It's for a 2500 limited diesel.
I think they fit, but you’d need 8 of those kits. No way I’m dropping over $500 for lug nuts.

I’ve seen black lug nut caps on Amazon, someone here bought some and said they fit well.

love2build

Reaction score

Ordered them from parts. should run $400 or so for all 4 wheels. Pricey but worthwhile for peace of mind

Chemesherpa

Reaction score
Ordered them from parts. should run $400 or so for all 4 wheels. Pricey but worthwhile for peace of mind

I think they fit, but you’d need 8 of those kits. No way I’m dropping over $500 for lug nuts.

I’ve seen black lug nut caps on Amazon, someone here bought some and said they fit well.
Yikes, yea I didn't realize there were only 4 in the pack, I figured that was cost for each wheel... So yes that's crazy. Might try the caps first and see if that settles my OCD... Gotta find a black wheel lock though

ACEd

Reaction score
I doubt the 5 packs for Jeeps would fit - most of those used to be 1/2-20 threads - havent had any reason to think they would have changed. 2500/3500 are larger - mostly 14mm if I recall correctly
It appears some if not all Jeeps changed to 14mm x1.5 in 2018 - guess I am lost in the pre-2018 time frame and I believe Ram HD are 14mm x1.5 so probably interchangeable - but look at McGard or Gorilla for better pricing including locks.

DougB

Reaction score
Yikes, yea I didn't realize there were only 4 in the pack, I figured that was cost for each wheel... So yes that's crazy. Might try the caps first and see if that settles my OCD... Gotta find a black wheel lock though

It appears some if not all Jeeps changed to 14mm x1.5 in 2018 - guess I am lost in the pre-2018 time frame and I believe Ram HD are 14mm x1.5 so probably interchangeable - but look at McGard or Gorilla for better pricing including locks.
I believe these are the lug nuts you are looking for... :cool:

And this tangent thread on black lug nuts should probably be moved to Tires/Wheels forum... @Brutal_HO

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I used the same McGard wheel locks (14mmx1.5) on my 2020 Grand Cherokee and my 2019 Ram 3500 SRW HO. I have used these same wheel locks on multiple Ram trucks 2500 and 1500's and my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They are the same size lug nuts.

love2build

Reaction score
Please check thread size - if 5 bolt they are most likely 1/2-20 thread vs larger thread on HD
Came in quantity of 4. Parts verified with my VIN these would fit. If not then they will return and re order the correct ones.

Arth

Reaction score
I purchased these to get rid of the chrome ones. Happy so far and no issues to date.

IronByron

Reaction score
I bought black plastic caps to put over mine, super cheap and looks exactly like black lugs. I couldn’t bring myself to spend that much buying the black lugs. I’m pretty happy with them. None have ever fallen off in over a year and a half of use.

CforHD

Reaction score
From the description:

*These lug nuts have a taper/shoulder for aftermarket wheels. They are not designed for factory wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, didn't notice that. They were an addon for my Method Wheel purchase so makes sense.

Riddick

Reaction score
For anyone looking for black lugs for stock wheels the McGards are top knotch. The part # for these is 64074, I ordered some last week off amazon for $20 per pack of 4 (need 8 packagaes). However, I just looked them up and they are now 25 per pack.

They are not as big as the OEM lugs but they fit the wheels perfectly. I ran them down with an impact (slowly) and gave them a couple of dugga duggas before torqueing them. They took the impact like a champ and there are no marks at all. The DP accesory lugs are a tad cheaper but I bet they would rust in Ohio. The McGards are pricey but I strongly believe these will hold up well over time. This really makes the wheel look a lot better, everytime I walked past the truck the crhome lugs always stood out.

pete2833

Reaction score
I bought black plastic caps to put over mine, super cheap and looks exactly like black lugs. I couldn’t bring myself to spend that much buying the black lugs. I’m pretty happy with them. None have ever fallen off in over a year and a half of use.

Do you have a link to the lug nut caps you bought ?

PapaJoe

Reaction score

IowaPW

Reaction score
just ordered these...
View attachment 32126
Please post how these work out...

PapaJoe

Reaction score
So the Gorilla Lug Nuts #66148BDX came in today but they are not as the website photo shows. They are just another acorn top. Not bothering to add a pic of them... acorn top is an acorn top and we all know what that looks like. I had tried the CJC Off Road and they were a tall acorn; at least these Gorilla lugs are a shorter acorn. Looks like they are high quality but I went ahead and ordered the Driven Products lugs via as I really want the OEM lug top look but without the ridiculous MOPAR price.
1645652441410.png

IowaPW

Reaction score
So the Gorilla Lug Nuts #66148BDX came in today but they are not as the website photo shows. They are just another acorn top. Not bothering to add a pic of them... acorn top is an acorn top and we all know what that looks like. I had tried the CJC Off Road and they were a tall acorn; at least these Gorilla lugs are a shorter acorn. Looks like they are high quality but I went ahead and ordered the Driven Products lugs via as I really want the OEM lug top look but without the ridiculous MOPAR price.
View attachment 32635
How did these work out?

Users who are viewing this thread