Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by thecastle

1. T

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

I've owned several vehicles with ZF 8HP70/75. A positive of this trans (or version) is that there is a ton of aftermarket tunes available for the ZF8HP, so those with HO engines if it gets used for that application MAY well be able to tune their trans.
  2. T

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

That's right, if your on the toll way. What I was talking about is on non-tolled roads in Houston they still monitor the toll tags on your vehicle to determine traffic speeds and or slowdowns/incidents on the freeways. In actualality where I live, you don't need a toll tag at all as the toll...
  3. T

Remove, disable, render inoperable all telematics and other data sending signals

Anyway, I really do not like that my RAM is collecting information about me that I can't see and selling it to people whom I don't know. they are also making money off if it, and well I don't get a cut... what got me concerned about this issue, is finding out that GM was using onstar to track...
  4. T

I feel your pain! I can assure you the left lane disease is not just a costal migrant phenomena. Living in Texas, it is very much a texan thing too (at least in the Dallas/Austin/San Antonio/Houston Triangle). I see people merge on to the freeway all the time and its like other lanes don't...
  5. T

I own an IT company and I do a lot of security work for customers. I'm quite aware of how much data is available and how its being used in some of the AI systems we're deploying. Facial recognition, license plate readers etc. What concerns me about RAM and others is they are collecting and...
  6. T

6.7 Fuel Milage

The aerodynamics of these trucks (well any really) are not fantastic. So speed / wind plays an outsized role in fuel economy. I find anything above 65-70 and there is a significant decline in fuel economy. But the ranges AH64ID list are pretty much spot on for my observations. Doing a...
  7. T

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

Having never driven a 3500 with rear air I can't comment, other than to say yes it likely rides much better for a lot of technical reasons plus you will always tow nearly level (big bonus). How well a 3500 rides depends a lot on the roads you drive, tire size/inflation, personal preferences...
  8. T

Cummins 6.7 gas motor

The 1.67 billion settlement, plus $325 million to remedy violations is just the government portion of the taking. Cummins expects to spend 2.04 billion approximately, this doesn't cover the internal costs of answering the government or the lawyer fee's / expenses they incurred defending and...
  9. T

Cummins 6.7 gas motor

One thing is that Cummins has released the gasoline powered 6.7, called the B6.7 Octane https://mart.cummins.com/imagelibrary/data/assetfiles/0072230.pdf One wonders that in light of GM potentially developing a rumored 8.3L 600hp/1200lbft duramax and the emissions fines against cummins...
  10. T

Passive Regen

One other quick thing, I'm not the original owner of my truck. It had some modifications the dealer removed (undisclosed) and I also removed to return it to stock. I believe the emissions components are fully stock and intact and I'm running the stock tune, especially since I had the CP4...
  11. T

Passive Regen

CdnHo is not the only one to go on an extended road trip (mine 3200 miles) and observe extended periods with no active regens. My 19 HO (post fuel pump recall reprogram) went 32 hours without displaying it was performing an active regen and I was watching for it the whole drive. Passive...
  12. T

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

So I'm going to report back, after several thousands of miles of driving and towing. The transmission clearly shift better. No more feeling like I ran over a curb at slow speeds and much smoother shifting when cold. Especially while towing none of that 3-4 bump I used to get while towing...
  13. T

Titan fuel tank install

It would depend on if you want to remove the tank and go back to stock. I had mine thrown away. a) there isn't a huge market for used fuel tanks, b) it takes up a lot of room to store so if space is a consideration.... I have no plans to remove the titan and go back to stock so it was...
  14. T

Lowering 2024, 2500 4x4 6.4 Big Horn

So changing ride height doesn't affect shock life? Tell me more. Learning true facts from the internet every day. So companies who sell replacement shocks for 2" altered ride heigh are unnecessary? Lowering is the same as lifting, in terms of altering your shock travel range, i/e your...
  15. T

Lowering 2024, 2500 4x4 6.4 Big Horn

I'm not into visual mods, just stating my bias (performance is another matter). Lowering it by that much will require new shocks as well, as you will significantly change their operating range and the amount of damping force from stiffer springs. Typically most lowering springs are stiffer...