Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by tchur1

1. tchur1

37 Micky Thompson bajas

My brother has the Baja boss ats in a 37 on AEV saltas (+27 offset I believe) and stock suspension on his 22 power wagon and had no rubbing issues whatsoever. Truck is an absolute tank in the snow on that setup.
  2. tchur1

Anybody running 15-40 in 19+ CTD

Ya no worries. Frustrating that the dealer doesnt understand the difference between passive and active regen. 2k in the bed running on the highway for that time could generate enough heat to start burning soot.
  3. tchur1

Anybody running 15-40 in 19+ CTD

I think 1 thing to clarify for you here - passive regen is occurs when the motor is working hard enough to build enough heat to burn off soot in the DPF, mainly when towing or running over 75 mph on the freeway. This does not introduce additional fuel into the system to create the heat needed to...
  4. tchur1

Tire Suggestions for 3500 SRW 4x4 for 60% Daily Driver/20% Highway Towing/20% Forest Roads? And 18” vs 20”?

Id go 18's. I have a very similar use case as you do and the 37s on 18s provide a much better unloaded ride than 20s on stock tires. I dont notice any sidewall flex when towing either. Tire wise, in addition to those listed, check out the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT - brother runs them on his...
  5. tchur1

From 68RFE to Alllison

From the limited homework i've done/read about this - run as quickly away from ATS as you can. Others on this site can probably speak more specifically about why they are a no go, but hard pass for most. If you search the forum for ATS it should pull up what others have experienced.
  6. tchur1

Steering wheel controls stop working

It seems clock spring is the main culprit for many issues with steering wheel controls. I had mine break my steering wheel heater. Replaced the clock spring and its been great since. If they have not done that yet, that's where I would go next.
  7. tchur1

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

Not sure where you live but I live in Lake Tahoe and have had 2 great ordering experiences with Dolan Ram in Reno, NV. Each time was able to get 10%+ off MSRP (likely more now given the current market). If you are close I would recommend them. As far as your initial question on HO vs SO. I tow...
  8. tchur1

What the Wifey wants the Wifey gets....but i need help

These threads seem to have a few guys on there that have done the swap: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/titan-tank-on-cc-sb-diesel.4481/#post-71031 https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/titan-fuel-tank-install.10540/
  9. tchur1

What the Wifey wants the Wifey gets....but i need help

50 gallon tank is an option for all long beds, so like you mentioned had you ordered it you would have the 50. But I totally agree with this. Drives me nuts that I only get about 300 miles on a tank while towing.
  10. tchur1

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Why not just trade it in at this point? This thing is a mess, motor is about to blow up and your dealers service department is incompetent.
  11. tchur1

2500 v 3500 I6 Turbo

To elaborate on @jetrinka - the 2500 will have a coil sprung or air sprung rear end and some (if not most) would say ride better unloaded. The 3500 has a leaf spring rear end (with supplemental airbags if you choose that option). The leafs on the 3500 are very outboard compared to the location...
  12. tchur1

Duratrac RT's

Ya Im on method 701hds which are 18 and I won’t be going away from them so unfortunately these tires are out. Bummer because they look great.
  13. tchur1

Duratrac RT's

Ya these look good, I wish they made them in a larger size than ~33". This fits the profile of a tire for my use case really well.
  14. tchur1

Actual fix for the frequent regen problem?

Its likely software but there seem to be a bunch of random bandaids that vary widely from one truck to another. There doesn't seem to be any definitive remedy at this point.
  15. tchur1

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Sorry for all your troubles. Sounds like a pita and terrible dealer. Your frequent regen code may be the reason for the excess fluid in your oil. Idk that it would account for 2 gallons but excessive regens can dilute your oil with fuel If the truck is constantly in regen. that noise sounds...