Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Tater86

1. T

2024 Ram Options

The 50 gallon fuel tank was only an option on the tradesman level. Big Horn and up on the 2023 2500's could not be ordered with that option.
  2. T

2024 Truck Details

It may be part of the standard equipment which is why you don't see it as an option. Until the equipment guides are released it is hard to tell exactly what they will have.
  3. T

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

I would if this idle wasn’t driving me insane. Although, I do have automatic built in vibrating seats, haha. Anyone that rides with complains about it as soon as they sit in it anytime the vehicle isn’t moving. Even shifting into neutral and park doesn’t stop it.
  4. T

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Yup, my 2023 6.4 Laramie idles harder than the diesel. I have taken it to four dealers and they all say its normal, but testing driving others on the lots, it is far from normal. So my simple solution.....Trading it in and getting another truck from another brand, ugh.
  5. T

Need help on suspension fix

I'm in the same boat and still haven't determined the issue. I went and test drove a 23 2500 Tradesman CCLB and it was night and day difference between mine and the Tradesman. I had the service manager sit in the truck and he said he felt a slight difference but it is all normal to him...
  6. T

Just an update as I took it to another shop. As usual they said everything is operating normal and everything I’m noticing is just normal operation of a long bed HD ‍♂️. Anyone else have any luck lately?
  7. T

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

Mine says SN on the bottle, but I can't read what letter my manual says. To me the manual states it must have the API Donut trademark. It doesn't state it has to have that exact trademark. I pulled out at bottle of PUP too and it shows SN on the donut as well.
  8. T

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

The bottle of Schaeffers I have had the correct API donut seal on it. As noted by the manual.
  9. T

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I dislike this features strongly. Too many times going down small back roads and my mirrors getting clipped. It was so nice to be able to fold them in on the fly.
  10. T

Oil Thread - 6.4 Hemi

They changed the approved Mil-Spec required for the Engine from 2021 to 2022+. The only two that meet the spec now are PUP and Schaeffers.
  11. T

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

That’s just frustrating, why would they disable that function. Wonder if there is a way to undo that change.
  12. T

Anyone that received their 2023 trucks, I have a question on the mirrors. Are you able to push the power fold mirrors while you are driving and they fold in? Mine only work when in park. My 2015 1500 I could hit the button while I was driving to suck the mirrors in if I noticed it was a tight...
  13. T

When I took advantage of their promo last month they said there was no penalty.
  14. T

First Capital Federal Credit Union is running a promo right now. 4.49% for 72 and 4.99% for 84.
  15. T

Could it have anything to do with the driveline angles being set incorrectly or slightly out of tolerance? I found this article on motor trend, but I'm not sure how to check for the correct angles. "Vehicles that do not have the proper angles set in the driveline components will experience...