Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by strantor

1. S

Looking for quieter injectors for V6 Durango

Yes Oh, good call! I'll have to drive a couple counties away to find a hill tho :D
  2. S

I couldn't tell you. We've only had it for 5k miles, I rarely drive it, and my wife is not exactly a reliable witness when it comes to this stuff. I can tell you that the only codes it has are Evap codes (P0456, P0440, P0443) and I just replaced the purge valve (it was also ticking) and it...
  3. S

That's why I posted it in off topic. Didn't make sense to go seek out a durango-specific forum and create an account just to ask one question when odds are good that someone here knows the answer.
  4. S

I think I am approaching this from the wrong end. Instead of replacing injectors to rule them out I should try to rule out lifter tick. I will try flushing the engine and running some of that lifter additive. If the sound changes at all then I'm probably barking up the right tree and it's a...
  5. S

Wife's 2015 Durango with 105k miles is making a ticking/tapping noise. I thought it was lifters so I brought it back to the used car dealership (bought it a few months ago right at 100k miles) and when I came back to pick it up they said it was the injectors, which I called b.s. They said they...
  6. S

Does this truck make phantom exhaust sounds?

Interesting. I will have to educate myself about this. I remember something about cabin noise cancelation but I assumed this was something to do with the speakers. I never would have guessed there's some strange counter-wiggle jigglebox mounted on the truck somewhere.
  7. S

Does this truck make phantom exhaust sounds?

2021 6.4 hemi, I've had it a few weeks now. When I drive without the radio on I find myself at many points of my drive thinking there is someone hiding in my blind spot. When I try, I can't totally put a finger on what is fooling my senses, but I think I am getting a hint every once in a while...
  8. S

How hard is it to steal my tailgate?

Sorry I vanished in the middle of the saga, life happened, this project went on hiatus several times, but I just finished it. The 200lb lift struts I originally used proved insufficient once the aluminum was installed and I had to modify the strut geometry and upgrade to 300lb lift struts...
  9. S

Any DIY color-match bed liner?

I want a bed liner, I suppose what would normally be a spray-in compound, but something I can roll-on with a paint roller. It's for a bed cover I'm making and I would like it to match the truck paint color as close as possible. Anything like that exist? I've found color match bed liner but it...
  10. S

How much weight can bed rails support?

Yeah that's pretty much my feel for it too. The bed cover itself shouldn't be a problem. But before loading a bunch of weight on it I'll want to investigate my options for supporting it from the frame under the bed.
  11. S

How much weight can bed rails support?

You're probably right, but I'm not sure we (I) should read that much into their rating. After all, manufacturers of supercharger/turbo kits advertise their horsepower gains without any mention of the upgrades you'll most likely need to make to the drivetrain in order to handle the extra power...
  12. S

Thanks. That would be about 30lbs
  13. S

Thanks! You might have a different opinion if I provided closeups of my welds, which I won't be doing. And payloads are more like suggestions than rules, or so I heard. Hey, I like that idea. I was thinking the aluminum is going to get scratched and ill have to just practice the art of not...
  14. S

This afternoon/evening's progress: made some linkages out of 3/8 round rod and more unistrut hardware. The linkage turning mechanisms took some experimentation, made a couple extra rods that didn't work out. But the end result works great. Then cut the taco out of the middle of the aluminum...
  15. S

Yeah bad ground in cars can cause some very strange issues.