Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by PMJohns

1. P

2021 Cumins Crankcase Pressure Sensor

I will send a photo tomorrow. I just finished in the rain and hail. I was able to remove the breather hose and 3 wire retaining clips which gave me enough room to move the cover out of the way so that I could replace the CCV filter. All went well until I dropped the oil filler cap and it...
  2. P

The pressure sensor is connected to breather hose coupler and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the red tab out. There is a small hole on the opposite side of the locking clip that I have not tried to insert a wire into. I wish RAM would stop trying to prevent us from working...
  3. P

Th Thank you - the red tab is flush with the edge of the connecter so I could not figure how to pull it out. If I do not disconnect it all the better - it appears to be connected to the coupling hose.
  4. P

I need instructions on how to disconnect the crankcase pressure sensor wire harness connector. I need to replace the CCV filter.
  5. P

Help With Towing Tire Selection

Got a set of Firestones with my new 2500 last year. The tread was down to 6/32 by 12,000 miles. Probably would not have made it through the winter. Replaced them with Goodyear Adventurers (Silent Armors) that used to give me 65,000 miles on my 2016 2500. I am down to 5/32 at 50,000 miles (I...
  6. P

2021 RAM 2500 Diesel Shock Torque Specs

Actually, I rarely see “mechanics” ever use a torque wrench. I also have had a “mechanic” use an impact wrench to remove the EGR cooler on my 2011 - ops, it was set to tighten not remove and he sheared off the bolt on the exhaust manifold which the dealership charged me to replace. I never...
  7. P

I did get the 2020 service manual usb card to unfold and plug in. The front shock lower bolt is 35 ft-lbs plus 105 degrees. The rear shock lower bolt is a straight 133 ft-lbs. The Bilstein B4600’s have their own torque spec for the upper nuts. Thank you for your response.
  8. P

What size impact wrench, my 1/2” drive turned to its highest setting, maybe my 3/4” drive breaker bar. I may not damage the bushing but I can strip the nut/bolt.
  9. P

I need the front and rear torque specs for the shocks on a 2021 RAM 2500 with the Cummins 6.7. I ordered the USB tech manual from Tech Authority for a 2020 and they sent me a plastic card about the size of a business card - not sure what to plug it into. Anyway, if someone has the specs for my...
  10. P

Service manuals

Here it is, June of 2022 and NO tech service manual on CD / DVD or USB! When I called Tech Authority they told me to get a subscription. That is BS for someone that only works on their own truck. I have been a Dodge / RAM owner since the 1960’s and always worked on parts of the trucks that I...
  11. P

Missing Blind Spot Monitoring

Is it just held in be the large bolts on the inside?
  12. P

Got the pins in, the plug reassembled, now, where to run the jumper through the firewall. Jimmy07 mentioned the area where the clutch would have been. Is that the 6 sided plate on an angle to the outboard side of the brake assembly. If so, does it come out for drilling. An suggestions are welcome.
  13. P

Digital Rearview mirror with truck cap

My SnugTop does not touch the CHMSL, it only interferes with view from the CHMSL camera.
  14. P

Quick question, do I need to remove the fender flair screws to remove the splash guard (for access to the chassis / dash harness connector)?
  15. P

I have been doing mine in stages: Stage 1 - Replace the tail lights and the tail light jumpers Stage 2 - Replace the mirrors (my truck already had the BSM wires for the mirrors) Stage 3 - Add the jumper from the chassis/dash harness plug to the CAN bus. I have completed stage 1 and 2. Waiting...