Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by mbarber84

1. mbarber84

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Check out the column shifter PACCAR is using in the trucks equipped with the TX-8 (ZF-Powerline) Not sure if that’s actually a PACCAR product, or if it’s a rebranded ZF component the same as the transmission itself.
  2. mbarber84

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Definitely. The knob shifter makes sense and will likely be the choice they go with. It’s readily available and also cleans up the dash and interior. No more rubber boots to wear out and no loose 10mm bolt causing a loose shifter.
  3. mbarber84

Frequent Active Regen fix

I would fork out the $40 and send a sample out yourself, as well as pulling the oil filter and cutting it open. The knowledge alone would be worth the money. Send it off to Polaris Labs and see what they find.
  4. mbarber84

Wow…that’s great for the rotating assemblies :confused: Was that dipstick reading taken after an overnight cold soak on a level pad?
  5. mbarber84

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Your transmission did not fail correct? That transmission Built November 2021. December Edited: Thanks @AH64ID for catching my miscount. Note to self: no serial number calculations until I’ve had my third cup of coffee :D
  6. mbarber84

I’ve been documenting trucks with regen frequency issues in the hope of finding if there’s a common thread between them. It also draws more attention to the issue and makes people aware that it’s “out there” so they can be informed. The spreadsheet concept worked really well for the Aisin...
  7. mbarber84

Are you on my spreadsheet for the frequent regenerations?
  8. mbarber84

I’m always leery when I hear of a dealer diagnosing a P2459 and jumping right to replacement of the DPF. It’s absolutely imperative to ensure that every system upstream is 100% functioning correctly prior to throwing a DPF at the situation. Otherwise the problem will usually persist and...
  9. mbarber84

Has the differential pressure sensor been replaced? Have they tested your engine oil for fuel dilution? Is your oil level rising above the “full” mark? Have they inspected the turbocharger inlet to see if there’s excessive oil puddling on the intake side? …would indicate excess oil being...
  10. mbarber84

DTC P2459 will only trigger if the time between regeneration cycles falls below the programmed threshold. Now….what that threshold is?…no idea. Ram doesn’t publish that information anywhere that I can access it, and that includes from the dealer side of the information
  11. mbarber84

Regen

yeah they’re definitely incorrect. The glue strip versions of the Fleetguard AF27684 are a recent thing. Fleetguard subbed their manufacture out to a plant in Mexico, instead of the one in the USA. When that happened, the product changed. This happened somewhere around December 2023. Supposedly...
  12. mbarber84

Regen

Good to know. I was not aware that KLM offered the air filters.
  13. mbarber84

Regen

Geno’s garage online. Mopar 53034051AB. They say out of stock all the time but they usually ship very quickly. As an alternative you can use Fleetguard AF27684 as long as it is the one manufactured in the USA not Mexico. The box will say “Source: US” or “Source: MX”
  14. mbarber84

Regen

100%. You have to have the correct air filter in the air box on these trucks. I still can’t understand why they are so temperamental about air filters, but it is indeed an issue. Seems like some trucks are more picky than others.
  15. mbarber84

Exhaust system service required

That’s good. Might have just been a momentary issue thar resolved itself. These things can be temperamental at times. Once the diagnostics fail a time or two, you get messages and codes, and then it’ll rectify itself. I would keep an eye on it and see if it returns, if it does, since it’s so...