Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jsalbre

1. jsalbre

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

Hell, my CCSB sticks way out into the aisles at the Boise Airport parking garage. I’ve had to 50 point turn to get out when someone else parked a truck behind me once.
  2. jsalbre

Terrible Towing pics thread

It’s only stupid if it doesn’t work.
  3. jsalbre

OEM Upfitter Switches on 2023 2500 Limited w Reverse Trailer Steering???

It’s the same locker that’s in the PW: helical limited slip when unpowered.
  4. jsalbre

What did you do TO your RAM today?

‘23 and up are missing the wiring for the lower glovebox light.
  5. jsalbre

All Rebels have the rear locker, even those that opted for aux switches.
  6. jsalbre

Hmm, on my Rebel I had the option of aux switches or winch. I went with the winch, but now you’ve got me curious if the wiring is there somewhere.
  7. jsalbre

Terrible Towing pics thread

Near instant karma.
  8. jsalbre

GODZMFG.COM - Ongoing F/S Thread w/ Member Discount!!!

I just wanted to throw out there that if you were to make a dead pedal I bet a lot of people would be very interested in it.
  9. jsalbre

Tip for those struggling to pair trailer TPMS sensors with U Connect 5 RAMs

Odd that there are so many different experiences with this feature. On my 23 I it took only a couple minutes to get the sensors paired and they all show up within about a minute of driving off with the trailer hooked up.
  10. jsalbre

Steering wheel feel

What tire pressures are you running?
  11. jsalbre

Lighting done , for now

Those are the new ones.
  12. jsalbre

NC Registration costs

I did a ton of research on this when I was registered in NC. Your tag needs to cover the actual combined weight of your truck and trailer, not the theoretical max. If you get pulled over and they weigh you you’ll get hit with a fine if you’re over your reg. RV travel trailers are exempt, but...
  13. jsalbre

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

People forget about torque multiplication from gearing. Ignoring drivetrain loss for the sake of easier math, 1075 ft-lbs * 4.71 first gear = 5063 into the transfer case * 2.72 transfer case low range = 13,722 going to the joints and drive shafts, * 4.10 final drive = 56,465 ft-lbs of torque...
  14. jsalbre

'2023 6.4L Power Increase?

No, that’s exactly the problem. The truck changed a long time ago, before 2019 MY. The manuals didn’t get changed until some later point. That’s why the 2019 and early 2020 manuals say 89, and the current online versions (after early 2020) all say 87. They went back and updated them. My 2020...