Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jpaeth

1. jpaeth

Auto Deploy Running Boards Get Stuck When it is Hot Out

My understanding is that they are AMP steps just with a RAM logo on them. So I assume you are correct that they would have the same brackets. Its just so weird that they act like they are getting "stuck", but then i shut the door and they open just fine the next time. It's almost like its an...
  2. jpaeth

Auto Deploy Running Boards Get Stuck When it is Hot Out

I have a '19 3500 Limited with the auto deploying side steps. When it is 100º+ out, they will get stuck. They will try to deploy when i open the door, but stop about halfway and go back in. Usually I can close the door and open it again to make it try again, and then it'll go. Sometimes they get...
  3. jpaeth

Battery Saver Mode

I have been having the same issue for 3 years too.. and I just picked the truck up from the dealer last week and a couple days later had a "Service ESC" light come on. Looks like my ABS system has gone haywire. Its interesting to see the same thing on your truck. It goes back in a couple weeks...
  4. jpaeth

Battery Saver Mode

Can you show some pics of what you did? I have been having this issue for 3 years now and I am at the end of my rope.
  5. jpaeth

On board Air

Ohhhh right that makes sense.. My truck doesn't have RamBox, but given where it mounts under the cab, I can't imagine that having an impact.
  6. jpaeth

On board Air

What is rambles?
  7. jpaeth

Which Pedal Commander for 2019 6.7?

I got the Banks pedal monster... it is advertised as a better alternative to the pedal commander. I can't say I am sold on it. Still a large dead pedal from a stop. When i really need to get going quick, I just power brake to build a little boost first. Other than that, I have pretty much gotten...
  8. jpaeth

On board Air

What trim level is your truck? I see the retracting bed steps in the pics. I have a Limited with the factory air bags and I have basically the same Viar setup to install. My truck is a crew cab tho and I have the in floor storage bins in the rear seats.. from what I can see in your pics it looks...
  9. jpaeth

Swap OEM Gooseneck Hitch for B&W Turnover Ball

So, do I see it correctly that you are using the offset to move the hitch FORWARD the 4"? Is this to eliminate the bounce you're talking about? I have a PullRite Superlite and it similarly moves the pivot point back behind the axle. Its my first fifth wheel and I hate the bounce but thought it...
  10. jpaeth

Help needed to restore settings changed by AlfaOBD

So I went by the dealer and they were able to reset my system.. its all back to normal now. Im trying to work up the nerve to try again.
  11. jpaeth

Help needed to restore settings changed by AlfaOBD

SO I enabled the settings for TTPMS.. and now i dont even see the trailer brake menu in settings.. Also the color scheme on my uconnect display seems different. red accents now. I dont know if im psyching myself out but Im freaking out thinking i hosed my truck. It still runs.. but I dont know...
  12. jpaeth

Door sticker

Thanks @DevilDodge, He direct messaged me and I think i answered his questions for now.
  13. jpaeth

Lets see what you are towing!

I don't have any photos but I got into some pretty tight spots last weekend and had it within a couple inches of the cab. I estimate that I got to 83-85 deg.. it was a very tight turn, and I didn't find myself wishing I had more clearance to be honest.
  14. jpaeth

Lets see what you are towing!

The king pin adapter gives you 3.5", and then the goose ball adapter and way the hitch mounts gives you another 3.5". So in total I believe the king pin sits a total of 7" back from the goose ball. At least thats what it looked like when I measured it all out when I installed it the first time.