Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Fred_Cage

1. F

5th wheel towing with Rambox

I agree. I'm sure if I had the I would use the crap out them as well. My current truck has a toolbox and its always full. While I do love the storage it gives me, I hate how much space it takes from the bed. Especially since I have a really small bed. If i did ever get a 5th wheel trailer, it...
  2. F

This is all really great info. The only reason I am considering it is because there is a chance of a really good deal on a barely used Limited with it. Otherwise I wouldn't get the Rambox either. Of course, My wife wants a motorhome and is trying to push me to a 1500. I've been wanting an HD...
  3. F

I've wondered about the cargo space as well. I would be coming from a Nissan Frontier with a 5' bed and a toolbox though so I assume it will still feel like I have all kinds of room for activities...
  4. F

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I came across a slightly used 3500 that has the RamBox and as much as I know i would use the crap out of them, potentially not being able to tow a 5th wheel would be my only hesitation, aside from the price. I may not ever need it, but I would hate to have to trade...
  5. F

This may nave been asked before but I could not find it if it was. Is it possible to tow a 4rh wheel trailer with Ramboxes? I have heard there may be clearance issues with the narrower bed.
  6. F

Price negotiated from MSRP

As much as I love the Rams, I may have to jump ship and go Chevy. In a close a possible apples to apples build, the Silverado was close to 10k less than the ram, and usually still had more options. I can get an LTZ for the price of a Bighorn with options not available until you hit Limited....
  7. F

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

@Capt18 , if you really want to have that updated tube and dipstick, you could try to see if you can buy it from the parts department. Recall parts are usually pretty cheap since its all warranty. I worked at a Chrysler dealer about 12 years ago and they had a recall that was basically just a...
  8. F

Please Post Payload Sticker from Driver's Door Jamb.

I would assume the factory just puts everything the trucknis optioned for on or in the truck and then weighs it. So if it's optioned for a hitch, it goes in the bed and they weigh it. To me it's better if it is included since you would need to figure that into your calculations if you were...
  9. F

2023 3500 Order Guides with MSRP and Invoice Pricing

Is there an updated Mega Cab listing as well?
  10. F

Advice when building a truck??

They're build and search sites leave a little to be desired at times and you have to be careful. I have commented several times when given the chance in a survey that they need to have better descriptions of their packages on the build site. They must listen though. I have mentioned a couple of...
  11. F

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

It might have to. I know it took several trips to get that Durango fixed. And I'm pretty sure the customer never paid for any of the trips, even when we couldn't duplicate the issue or find the solution. I had to take my wife's wrangler in because the ABS was acting up after I had left the...
  12. F

Advice when building a truck??

If you are talking about the digital rear view mirror, it may be because that comes in the Safety Group B.
  13. F

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

I worked in the service department at a Chrysler dealer for a while and we had a new Durango that came in with an issue where half the electronics in the vehicle would intermittently shut off. Actually got to see it happen once while it was just sitting in the service drive waiting to be checked...
  14. F

Ram/Chris Stapleton collaboration

I wonder if they offer different flannel colors...
  15. F

Ram/Chris Stapleton collaboration

I'd take this long before those awfull 8" backwards lifts and hideous oversized wheels thT make the trucks useless. And if they offered that hood ornament for real I would have it in an instant.