Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Dave01

1. Dave01

New guy to the 6.4 universe

I think 10k is a bit of a different animal from 7k. I tow 8,000 lbs fairly often and at times forget to put it in tow/haul. While it doesn't have trouble pulling it, I like the shift pattern and especially downshift pattern better in tow/haul. I'd prefer to have a gas engine rev rather than...
  2. Dave01

87 octane vs 89 octane, fuel economy differences

I'm all set, thanks. I enjoy this forum, enjoy conversations, and BTW enjoy your posts in general. But if you can't discuss without me being "chief" and being triggered and in the fetal position, your ev owner and his car being morons, I just have better things to do. You ought to sit back...
  3. Dave01

I get your argument, but I don't agree with it. It's not like 9 out of 10 people on this forum do some careful financial analysis of what our Rams cost including purchase and maintenance and fuel and then carefully weigh it against other new and used vehicles. I know some may do that, but not...
  4. Dave01

Terrible towing experience w/ '24 2500 w/ factory air suspension

I totally agree. For instance, the idea that it would get sucked toward semi's more than a very similar 2500 can't be the truck, pretty much has to be the trailer. And by trailer I mean the truck/trailer combination in every respect. Sounds like you've got a gross trailer weight of around...
  5. Dave01

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

More of an adhesive than a sealant.
  6. Dave01

I don't have experience with 37's to know just how badly they cut into mpg, but obviously that's the story. I drive a ton too, put over 25k miles a year on the truck, and even getting 12-14 it's a lot of fuel. Makes me wonder sometimes, but it's the vehicle I wanted/needed and is put to good use.
  7. Dave01

Maybe just the result of a bad 4th grade math teacher? :D Those numbers sound awfully low for mixed driving. I'd have to have a lot of local stops, or idling time, to get down to 10.
  8. Dave01

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

Just wanted to say, really great to hear that you do that. Maker spaces are a really good resource for people that otherwise might not be able to learn the skills they need, and people like you that are willing to take the time and share their skill and knowledge are priceless.
  9. Dave01

Fluid Film

I used fluid film on my '07 Silverado, really worked well. A local guy applied it for $200, very thorough job and after seeing how he did it I wouldn't want to do it myself. On the Ram when almost new I had a mineral oil undercoat done, hadn't ever done it before but a few friends had good...
  10. Dave01

Wildpeak AT4 tires- 2022 Ram 2500

I have about 34,000 miles on my AT3W's, ending the 2nd winter with them. I was impressed how good they were in snow this winter, usually my 1st winter is great and the 2nd marginal, but these tires have been really good, have not degraded with wear. They are still quiet on the highway too...
  11. Dave01

Experience with 2500 and factory air ride

I have not seen posts with complaints about failures, in my experience bag failures are pretty rare. I'm glad I have the option on my 2500, really enjoy it, don't worry about it a bit. I had a Tahoe with air ride, the bags never had any issues, the pump did fail. I bought a replacement pump...
  12. Dave01

2024 RamBox availability

I think you're 100% right. I totally understand from a corporate standpoint why they want fewer models, fewer options, fewer combinations. But these aren't $36,000 Euro sedans, if they want to sell $70,000 plus trucks I think they need to realize that a lot of their customers are feature...
  13. Dave01

Ride quality comparison stock vs 37’s.

I don't have an opinion either way, I run on stock because I didn't want the truck any taller, but absolutely love the way some of the guys trucks look on big tires (yes Wanderlust073, that truck DOES look bad ass!!!) But your claim "can't say it's cause and issue unless it's 100% guaranteed...
  14. Dave01

2024 RamBox availability

I don't believe he is correct about diesel only. I'd suggest you go with 4.10 gears, I can't come up with any reason/advantage for the 3.73.
  15. Dave01

Ride quality comparison stock vs 37’s.

IMO you won't ever benefit in ride quality going larger in tire size. Having said that, these trucks ride so well that you may not feel a real world difference in ride with 37's over stock. The bigger tires look better, drop highway rpm a bit. You don't mention if you have gas or diesel...