Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Crusty old shellback

1. Crusty old shellback

Power Steering with big tires

Sounds like either the pump or steering unit are bad, even if brand new. I can turn my 35s with no issues.
  2. Crusty old shellback

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

There is enough room behind it that it will not hit, unless it bends the bracket or rips it out of the bumper. But the bracket is heavy duty. Maybe I'll put a reinforcement bar on the underside of the bumper.
  3. Crusty old shellback

What are you *DRINKING* today?

Nothing yet. Got a brewed Green Flash West Coast IPA in the brew kettle right now. When it's done, going to brew up a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA.
  4. Crusty old shellback

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Picked up a pair of these for the Power Wagon. I decided I'm going to just mount some lights to the bumper. But I've been having a hard time finding some that will fit. Until now. The new Harbor Freight Roadshock 6 LED spot/flood lights. Can mount them to the bumper with clearance behind so they...
  5. Crusty old shellback

Crusty's 75th Annv PW #1590 build/mods adventure

So I decided I'm going to just mount some lights to the bumper. But I've been having a hard time finding some that will fit. Until now. Picked up a pair of the new Harbor Freight Roadshock 6 LED spot/flood lights. Can mount them to the bumper with clearance behind so they don't rub on the grill...
  6. Crusty old shellback

Powerwagon light bar options?

So I decided I'm going to just mount some lights to the bumper. But I've been having a hard time finding some that will fit. Until now. Picked up a pair of the new Harbor Freight Roadshock 6 LED spot/flood lights. Can mount them to the bumper with clearance behind so they don't rub on the grill.
  7. Crusty old shellback

Thuren leveling kit and alignment specs

It can be found on CJC offroads site. Basically 0 toe or a little negative, no positive. Castor around 4 degrees.
  8. Crusty old shellback

Ken’s 2500 Rebel

Welcome. Nice looking truck and you got a great deal.
  9. Crusty old shellback

Chris's 2020 2500 6.4 Hemi

Woke it up? Or made it louder? About the only thing that will wake it up by adding a different air filter and exhaust is to retune the engine to use them. But I think the factory one is just as good. Unless you can show actual real world dyno results that say otherwise. Not trying to bust on...
  10. Crusty old shellback

Chris's 2020 2500 6.4 Hemi

Looks good and welcome. But you probably wasted your money on the CAI. The 6.4 has a CAI from the factory and will flow more air than the motor can handle.
  11. Crusty old shellback

New Member From CA

Congrats on the new truck. Maybe try carvana or some place similar to sell the old one. I sold a car to carvana. Easy and fast and got a fair price for it. Plus they came to the house and picked it up.
  12. Crusty old shellback

Welcome
  13. Crusty old shellback

Pulled the trigger, love the truck!

Welcome. Good looking truck and color. ;)
  14. Crusty old shellback

New here - Old dude in the desert

Welcome. Mach 9 at 30K feet. Rocket scientist? Or Astronaut? Only other choice woukd be SR 71 pilot.
  15. Crusty old shellback

Tires.

I've run 35" BFG KO2s on my Power Wagon with no issues. Never got them in the snow though. Have run them on a lot of other rigs as well. Kind of my go-to tire. Have Toyo open country RTs in 37 on my 1500. Run great in the sand dunes. A little noisy on the road. Currently running 35" MT Baja Boss...