Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Blythkd1

1. B

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Exactly. Build up the transmission then you just dump a driveshaft. Sure the stock driveshafts hold up to boosted launches, empty. Hook up to a big load and it's a totally different ballgame. You can tear up most anything at 35,000# if you're determined enough. About 200-300 lb/ft of...
  2. B

Terrible Towing pics thread

This is why anyone that operates any kind of dual wheel truck or trailer that drives through a lot with rocks big enough to stick in between the tires, should stop just before or after exiting the lot to check for stuck rocks. I've done it many times and one time I found about a 3" rock stuck...
  3. B

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

Definitely shop it around. Don't know where you're located but that's close to the amount I was paying for unladen liability plus damage coverage on a 3500 from the commercial insurance scalpers up until a few months ago.
  4. B

2018 Cummins Tires

What tires are you looking for? H/T, A/T, M/T?
  5. B

Terrible Towing pics thread

Funny, yeah, but I've been one of those guys bouncing in the back of an S-10 pickup before. Much smaller boat but only 2WD too!
  6. B

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

Up on the bar in a big mug, I saw a cold Miller Lite
  7. B

Your gun is poop

I've ran several thousand rounds of 12ga through a progressive loader where speed is paramount and powder charge accuracy through a bushing is good enough. More recently I've gotten into hand loading .300 mag. On those, I start out weighing powder on a digital scale then trickle up to the last...
  8. B

2022 High mileage motor failures?

I never said extended idling wasn't the best for a diesel engine but the simple fact of the matter is, millions of them have idled overnight most nights for years and half a million to a million miles without issue. Been there and done that.... a LOT. The issues caused by idling diesel...
  9. B

Who was talking about wetstacking and cylinder washdown? I said valvetrain failures.
  10. B

That may have been their recommendation as well as other manufacturers but many have been idled for hours at a time for hundreds of thousand of miles successfully.
  11. B

I'm like you, very low idle hours and very high avg speed. But that doesn't change my opinion that an engine should be able to idle indefinitely without suffering a mechanical failure. Emissions failures? Absolutely. But valvetrain failures? No. Not too many years ago, a Cummins could idle...
  12. B

Updated HDs are coming

I honestly wouldn't change much but would really like to see some software glitches worked out and some more sophisticated programming, less emphasis on the latter though. Also I would like to feel like the Cummins is as bulletproof as it used to be. That's not really part of the refurb...
  13. B

Hmmm, scratching my head....
  14. B

Wow, some people. Another true story: A young lady shot the best group in our class too. She was shooting a .22 semi auto. I was shooting the only wheel gun in the group, a 357mag. What was I thinking?LOL I did shoot the 2nd best group. I should have offered to trade her guns and go...
  15. B

Price Protection on New Order? (relative to Priced Order Confirmation)

When I ordered mine a couple years ago, it went up about $3k while it was on order. I asked about price protection and the dealer told me it's automatic. Nobody has to request it or check any boxes on the order or anything. The price just is what it is and doesn't go up. I'd say the dealer...