Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by AH64ID

1. AH64ID

Cooper AT3's mileage

Every tire I’ve had with a mileage warranty needs to be at 2/32” for a claim, unless there is another issue. My AT3’s were at 3-4/32” but a couple of them had lugs starting to flake so they mileage warrantied all 4 a little early. The Toyo’s I ran wore very quickly down to 5/32”, 20-25K miles...
  2. AH64ID

FCA 2017 3500 CUMMINS 6.7 HO EMISSIONS RECALL #67A

I think the programming has changed. Last winter I spent a few days below 12°F, as low as -18°F, and watching my DEF temp on the CTS3 there was no indication the truck tried to thaw the DEF until the ambient temp was above 12°F. The temp finally got above 12°F on my way home, about 90 minutes...
  3. AH64ID

Yeah I can’t blame you, but you understand the system and had a need to use the truck. The blanket fear of DEF is what I find interesting, it’s a very misunderstood system.
  4. AH64ID

Tires.

I just put the new Duratrac RT’s on my truck and am really happy. 3PMSF and a mileage warranty. They are slightly less aggressive than the original Duratrac. They do awesome in the snow and ice, are very quiet, and don’t seem to be giving me much of a mileage hit despite all the added tread over...
  5. AH64ID

You’ll use more DEF and hopefully less EGR. It’s worth getting done for the lower EGR use possibility. I’m always amazed how afraid of DEF people are. It’s so much better than EGR, and an insignificant cost or hassle.
  6. AH64ID

Yes I recalled that too. I was too tired to search it last night. I should get a thread going for a “poll”. More DEF consumption is a good thing, it means the EGR isn’t as needed.
  7. AH64ID

Dual Alternators

I can’t look at my truck truck right now, but I believe the alternator is a smaller 2 wire plug. That plug looks like the 3 wire ECM plug.
  8. AH64ID

Dual Alternators

I haven’t seen and 19+ without the 2nd alternator, but on my 18 the plug for the 2nd alternator was forward of the intake horn.
  9. AH64ID

I also have noticed that my EGR crossover tube on the 22 isn’t heat discolored like the 18 did yet. I’m not aware of any drastic EGR cooler improvements, so that tells me the EGR is being used less in conjunction with the increased DEF consumption. Maybe the recall will reduce EGR on the 13-18’s.
  10. AH64ID

They say 2-3%, but it was rare for my 18 to be above 2%. I wonder if that has anything to do with the recall and lawsuit. I’m having a hard time envisioning 1/2 that usage rate thou.
  11. AH64ID

That is very low DEF use, my 2018 used 2x that much empty. It got ~1000mpg empty and ~500mpg towing. For comparison my 2022 gets ~700mpg empty and ~350mpg towing. Both are HO’s.
  12. AH64ID

Yellowstone in July

It’s real. Don’t use it too often, but it’s fun.
  13. AH64ID

Yellowstone in July

@Units we love the park and have been 7 times with the kids. I highly recommend camping in the park (my parents bought their first camper 3 weeks after our first Yellowstone trip in 2011 because they got tired of the drive from West Yellowstone into the park to meet us daily). Canyon is our...
  14. AH64ID

Alignment Question on 2020 Ram 3500 DRW

Yes, but all it does is disable the system during the alignment. There isn’t any reason for the system to make adjustments during an alignment thou, so it shouldn’t have any effect on the outcome.
  15. AH64ID

The Other Vehicle

I won’t tell anyone if I win the lottery, but there will be signs.