Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by 60_Driver

1. 60_Driver

Mopar extended warranty - yea or nay?

Good call. Just added it. The results will be a skewed as the vote closes in 2 days.
  2. 60_Driver

Great couple posts & perspective. Thank you!
  3. 60_Driver

I legitimately appreciate the heavily biased opinions about buying or not buying extended warranties. We all want to beleive we made the right choice, that’s human and I get that. I think there is a lot to be gained from hearing about others’ experiences here. I’d just appreciate it more if we...
  4. 60_Driver

I loved OG Simpsons, too. I was excited to see what clip was about to lead me to a financial and vehicular epiphany.
  5. 60_Driver

Well said, sir. I agree completely.
  6. 60_Driver

Interesting thoughts. 11 yes & 6 no so far. No I wish responses. I appreciate the replies!
  7. 60_Driver

Just picking the brains of those who’ve purchased extended Mopar warranties for their trucks. Would you do it again? I don’t drive too many mi, I’m just under 20k on the ‘19 model. She’s been good to me so far but I’m about to hit the 3 year mark and plan to keep her for a long time.
  8. 60_Driver

Best tires for RAM 2500

I’ll be in the market soon. My stock firestones haven’t impressed me and aren’t looking great at almost 20k mi. Prob. about 2k towing & a few hundred mi with a pallet of pellets in the bed.
  9. 60_Driver

How do you guys haul bikes?

Good info here. I just started exploring hitch mount options that will haul four bikes and can be regularly swapped between my wife’s Mazda CX-9, my truck and occasionally to the back of a 31’ travel trailer. Quick research on the etrailer.com reviews taught me that lots of regular hitch...
  10. 60_Driver

Does anyones 8.4 reboot for no reason or get stuck on "waiting for connection"?

I’d lose my mind. It sounds like the 8.4 issues are not so few & far between.
  11. 60_Driver

7 weeks later & I haven’t heard back from the dealer. Supply chain problems, I’m sure. Weirdly, the CarPlay function of the Uconnect started working again randomly 2 weeks ago. I’ll probably still elect to have them replace it with a new one since it wasn’t working as advertised for a month.
  12. 60_Driver

Install day update: big old fail. I went to the dealer this morn for the one hour warranty radio swap. When they gave me the truck back Apple CarPlay didn’t work at all and I had a cool new dancing squiggly light present in my backup camera. I navigated my way to the dealership using CarPlay...
  13. 60_Driver

Snayte, quick update. I brought my truck to a dealership for an oil change/tire rotation and mentioned the freeze/reboot issue to the advisor. I emailed the shop manager two pictures and a short video of the frozen screen. I was mowing my lawn and got a text a few hours later asking for my...
  14. 60_Driver

The other day I plugged my iPhone 12 in with the usb-c cable & got the “device not supported” message. Odd. The phone works fine and is running the most current software.
  15. 60_Driver

Is anyone here selling carfax reports?

I gather it’s not a perfect science. I’ve heard the stories from friends who backed their trucks into their wife’s suv that had them both repaired without any reporting.