Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on your Aux Switches

heavyg603

Reaction score
Light bar for plowing (2 switches), driving lights, rear work lights (2 sets). One free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woody284

Reaction score
So far just the factory fogs I installed on my tradesman

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
So far just underhood maintenance lights and backup/underbody flood light. The backup lights up are awesome when loading/unloading camp in dark. In future would like to add lightbar(not sure how yet)and a fuel transfer aux pump

Will_T

Reaction score
Transfer Tank, Midland GMRS radio and Dash-Cam.
Wondering how you got both the radio and the dash cam on switches since I learned that only one of the switches has a wire run back into the cab from the under hood connector. Did you run a wire from one of the other five connections back through the firewall?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Becon light for plowing and plow mode for the lighting

Xflight29

Reaction score
Wondering how you got both the radio and the dash cam on switches since I learned that only one of the switches has a wire run back into the cab from the under hood connector. Did you run a wire from one of the other five connections back through the firewall?
Went with in-cab #6 AUX and my Midland radio has a secondary USB port, so I just tied my dash-cam cable in to that USB instead of tapping into the inline wire from the in cab wire..

1651Naismith

Reaction score
Coming: reverse lights on truck, trailer, including reverse gear enable/disable switch.
Any links to sources on how to wire this up? Planning on the BajaDesigns kit and would like to have the reverse gear enable / disable option. Only wiring I have seem so far is for the reverse gear.

Will_T

Reaction score
Went with in-cab #6 AUX and my Midland radio has a secondary USB port, so I just tied my dash-cam cable in to that USB instead of tapping into the inline wire from the in cab wire..
Thanks. Piggybacked so when you use the aux switch to power on the radio, the dashcam powers on also. Strange that Ram only sets it up for one aux switch circuit to be able to loop back into the cab. Supposedly there are also two other power connections on that same plug, one ignition switched, the other direct battery power, but I don't have my truck yet to confirm. If so, without running new wire back into the cab through the firewall, you have the one aux switch, one ignition switched lead and one battery direct connected lead. Not that big a deal, but it would be nice to have all 3 devices I use in the cab connected to the aux switches.

Xflight29

Reaction score
You wont need to penetrate the fire wall at all. When or if you purchased the AUX switch kit there will be a cable with a grey female that plugs in under dash and has the wire with it you will need. You will need to loop two wires from your kit to the gray aux plug-under the hood up against the driver-side fire wall.
Great write up on the full insulation under dash cam installation.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Piggybacked so when you use the aux switch to power on the radio, the dashcam powers on also. Strange that Ram only sets it up for one aux switch circuit to be able to loop back into the cab. Supposedly there are also two other power connections on that same plug, one ignition switched, the other direct battery power, but I don't have my truck yet to confirm. If so, without running new wire back into the cab through the firewall, you have the one aux switch, one ignition switched lead and one battery direct connected lead. Not that big a deal, but it would be nice to have all 3 devices I use in the cab connected to the aux switches.

The grey upfitter jumper that you need to plug in definitely has a BAT+ and IGN+ wire you can tap in addition to the G425 pass through circuit I've detailed in other threads. Currently mine are cut and used as IGN+ and BAT+ for my dashcam but I have a BlueSeaSky 6 circuit fuse block to install to restore power to the rear chassis blunt cut wires. This model block has 6 independent circuits that can be slaved as needed. This is covered pretty in depth in the Dash Cam thread.

Best to carry on detailed Q&A discussions in the respective threads if needed.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Any links to sources on how to wire this up? Planning on the BajaDesigns kit and would like to have the reverse gear enable / disable option. Only wiring I have seem so far is for the reverse gear.

Don't freak out but this is the crazy mod I'm getting ready to do that burns through 4 Aux switches. I've been holding off a bit to see what RAM is going to do about the CP4 as I may just order a 21. still undecided.

There's a few other ways to do it, and I could possibly do some other toggles but that might require more advanced circuits that just auto relays. This also adds complexity for my RV reverse lights.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
HID off-road lights, LED underhood lights, pending reverse LED lights, pending 2WD Low

McHenry2500

Reaction score
So far just the LED fog lights on my brush guard. Soon to come will be rear LED lights, light bar, and possibly on-board air down the line.

Attachments

• lights 2_LI.jpg
    lights 2_LI.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 101
  • lights 1_LI.jpg
    lights 1_LI.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread