Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOWING TECHNOLOGY GROUP

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
I spoke to Lockpick this morning and they said by the first quarter of 2021 they should have something for our trucks. He could not give me a features list or any info.

Reactions: AFF

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if you all missed it, but NAVIKS already has a solution, they're just working with one of our members to iron out a few nits.

We also have the makings of a group buy when they get it sorted out (soon.)

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
OK i guess I would like to be included. The furrion camera im running has a terrible pic. The rest of the system works well but would like to have it stay on.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
OK i guess I would like to be included. The furrion camera im running has a terrible pic. The rest of the system works well but would like to have it stay on.

Post in the thread and tag member Atty or PM him to add you to the list.

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
I am posting that I would like to be included. I could not find Atty to pm?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Whiskyman

Reaction score
The camera is a separate purchase but the truck is set up to use its image the same way it can the other cameras.

You can put it on the rear of your camper. You can put it inside your horse trailer to view your horse, etc.

The cargo camera is mounted with the CHMSL. It has gridlines so you can see if your cargo moved.

Tow technology group is awesome...and can be had on every trim including Tradesman.
Ive looked at a couple online sources for the camera, and in the description it says needs programmed by dealer. If your truck is pre wired, and you have the 12" screen, is it just plug and play if mounted on rear of trailer? Thanks for any info

jackel1959

Reaction score
Agreed. They could have a 4K cam available and it's still not going to do any good if we can't view it while driving at highway speeds. I ordered an option that I can't use the way I want with Uconnect. One those stupid non-features I wish I had researched before ordering the option.
Agreed! I wish I would have come across this thread before I ordered (26 JAN 2021). I am hoping for a bright light at the end of the tunnel by the time I get to page 14 of this thread. Seems like I just wasted $640 for trailer camera wiring that will not be used anytime soon.:mad: And yes, I am one of the guilty ones for NOT reading the forum(s) before I ordered!

Last edited:

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Agreed! I wish I would have come across this thread before I ordered (26 JAN 2021). I am hoping for a bright light at the end of the tunnel by the time I get to page 14 of this thread. Seems like I just wasted $640 for trailer camera wiring that will not be used anytime soon.:mad: And yes, I am one of the guilty ones for NOT reading the forum(s) before I ordered!
I understand installing the NAVIKS takes care of the issue of not being able to view cams while driving.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Just reviving this thread to see if the overall feeling of this package has stayed the same. Will be ordering a 3500 soon and after reading this it seems that I won’t be getting this package. Also, the side view cameras don’t stay on for more than 5 seconds is what I’m reading as well. Any other cons I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

Bombaman

Reaction score
On my 3500, the 360 camera as apart of the Towing Tech Group is the one feature I'm disappointed I didnt get. If your already considering it, I would just go for it.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
So is the surround view camera system really worth $800+? Because two of the four options in the group can be had for only $300 on a laramie and really trailer reverse guidance is a mute point in actual application personally for me. So you are buying the cameras for $800. It seems a little pricey especially if people aren’t satisfied with the package overall.

McTruck

Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Ram 2500 and it came with the Trailer Surround Camera system. I'm having the cameras installed on a 5th wheel in the next couple weeks. I'm also anxious to use the Digital Rear View Mirror and use a XH7 camera in addition to the 4 surround cams. Will I have any problem connecting both the surround cams AND the XH7 at the same time? Thanks.

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
I bought a 2022 Ram 2500 and it came with the Trailer Surround Camera system. I'm having the cameras installed on a 5th wheel in the next couple weeks. I'm also anxious to use the Digital Rear View Mirror and use a XH7 camera in addition to the 4 surround cams. Will I have any problem connecting both the surround cams AND the XH7 at the same time? Thanks.
Any updates on the install?

Users who are viewing this thread