Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 2500 INFO now on RAMTRUCKS.COM

dmhines

Reaction score
There is now a TAB for 2023 RAM 2500 .. there is no BUILD capability yet. What I do noticed is that BLIND SPOT and REAR CROSS PATH DETECTION is not listed for 2023 2500's under Safety... This should be available as per the 2023 order guide and my 2023 2500 order was accepted with this option ... hope they are not cancelling it due to constraints ...

scdo

Reaction score
There is now a TAB for 2023 RAM 2500 .. there is no BUILD capability yet. What I do noticed is that BLIND SPOT and REAR CROSS PATH DETECTION is not listed for 2023 2500's under Safety... This should be available as per the 2023 order guide and my 2023 2500 order was accepted with this option ... hope they are not cancelling it due to constraints ...
I ordered this as well - in C status.

Anyone order these safety features and currently D1?

dmhines

Reaction score
I have those options on mine and I'm D1 and scheduled for production this week.
Good to hear! Strange they don’t list it on the RAM website.

Last edited:

Tater86

Reaction score
Good to hear! Strange they don’t list it on the RAM website.
Yeah and they list the 50 gallon fuel tank is available on 2500 crew cab long beds and that option is not available to order and RAM reps have confirmed. Who knows?

Whoosierdaddy

Reaction score
Yeah and they list the 50 gallon fuel tank is available on 2500 crew cab long beds and that option is not available to order and RAM reps have confirmed. Who knows?
Tater, did you order through a dealership?

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
What is also interesting is that it shows the 6.4 Hemi as the standard engine for ALL HD trim levels. There was a lot of talk that the Hemi would not be offered on the Limited and Longhorn trims for 2023. Guess that was all speculation.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What is also interesting is that it shows the 6.4 Hemi as the standard engine for ALL HD trim levels. There was a lot of talk that the Hemi would not be offered on the Limited and Longhorn trims for 2023. Guess that was all speculation.

The Costco vehicle program build tool shows that the diesel is the only engine for 4x4 Longhorn and Limited trucks, but 4x2 can still get a gas engine.

I'd trust Costco's website over Ram's.

Drew M

Reaction score
I have those options on mine and I'm D1 and scheduled for production this week.
I ordered this as well - in C status.

Anyone order these safety features and currently D1?
I'm D-1, and have it in my Equipment Listing. The Order Code is XANP, "Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection". This was originally from mattbsea's tracking link. I've not checked since mid/late-October.
I'm kinda at that point of data overload with all of the changes, proposed and real. I wish RAM would be more proactive in their communications and package/option descriptions. I also wish they would only offer 3 different trim levels; basic mid-grade, and totally loaded out. Then let us add packages/options. Screw the 5+ different levels, and then delete items because of "supply chain (fill in the blank) issues...

jsalbre

Reaction score
The order guides, and the ordering system both only list the Cummins for Longhorn and Limited.

Drew M

Reaction score
I read/saw somewhere on the web, that the 5.7 will go away sometime in 23-25? There is a push towards hybrid and electric. Please note, I am NOT stating fact. I would hate to see the HEMI go away. I've had two HEMI 1500's, with over 23 years and close to 400k miles between them. I'm a big HEMI fan...

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
The order guides, and the ordering system both only list the Cummins for Longhorn and Limited.
Maybe so, I am just stating what the website shows for 2023. The 6.4 Hemi is stated as the standard engine for the 2500 and 3500 period, no exceptions noted. The Cummings is listed as optional.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Maybe so, I am just stating what the website shows for 2023. The 6.4 Hemi is stated as the standard engine for the 2500 and 3500 period, no exceptions noted. The Cummings is listed as optional.
That wouldn't surprise me, the website is wrong just as often as it's right.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh Lord.

@zach@granger has already stated that you simply cannot order a Hemi in a Limited/Longhorn.

We all know the website, that has been languishing to show any info whatsoever, is 100% more accurate than the dealer order system. :rolleyes:

You do realize that site has probably been in development for a very long time and is bound to contain inaccuracies?

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Oh Lord.

@zach@granger has already stated that you simply cannot order a Hemi in a Limited/Longhorn.

We all know the website, that has been languishing to show any info whatsoever, is 100% more accurate than the dealer order system. :rolleyes:

You do realize that site has probably been in development for a very long time and is bound to contain inaccuracies?
Actually, I don't know that. All I do know is that with the price of diesel Stellantis would be pretty stupid to not offer the 6.4 Hemi in ALL trim levels. And I also talked with my dealer today. He said just because something can't be ordered today does not mean it won't be able to be ordered tomorrow. He said he has heard nothing about the 6.4 Hemi not being available in all trim levels.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't know that. All I do know is that with the price of diesel Stellantis would be pretty stupid to not offer the 6.4 Hemi in ALL trim levels. And I also talked with my dealer today. He said just because something can't be ordered today does not mean it won't be able to be ordered tomorrow. He said he has heard nothing about the 6.4 Hemi not being available in all trim levels.

Your dealer simply hasn’t educated himself on the 2023 ordering process and ordering guides.

Users who are viewing this thread