Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's on your Aux Switches

1954 M37

Reaction score
Anyone used an Aux switch as a kill switch? If so, what circuit (fuel pump, etc.) did you tap into and where?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Anyone used an Aux switch as a kill switch? If so, what circuit (fuel pump, etc.) did you tap into and where?
I dont think it would work well mine can sometimes drop out when cranking so it could cause a no start issue

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Planned:

Aux 1 - Transfer Tank Solenoid
Aux 2 - Rear Quick Disconnect for Car Carrier Winch Solenoid
Aux 3 - Possible Train Horn
Aux 4 - Empty;
Aux 5 - Empty;
Aux 6 - Annoying Travel Companion Ejector Seat

John Jensen

Reaction score
Update
Auxiliary Switch #1 - Baja Designs 20" LED bar in the front bumper

Auxiliary Switch #2 - Nilight Rear LED Lights under the rear bumper

Auxiliary Switch #3 - Nanny Control Switch - Shuts off the ESC, TCS & ABS

Auxiliary Switch #4 - KC Hilites Underhood Lights

Auxiliary Switch #5 - Vacant

Auxiliary Switch #6 - Vacant

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Auxiliary Switch #3 - Nanny Control Switch, Shuts off the ESC, TCS & ABS
How did you do this one john?

We used to do it in the jeeps by interrupting power to the traction control module then it was off till next restart

John Jensen

Reaction score
How did you do this one john?

We used to do it in the jeeps by interrupting power to the traction control module then it was off till next restart
For my 1500 Eco I made a switch system. For my 2020 HO I bought an Abel system
Abel Nanny Kill Switch

Edit:
If you order one be sure to tell Abel you are using an Aux Switch as he will modify for plug and play to an Aux Switch.
My order showed "Modified for Aux Switch control"

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Now thats a nifty idea i might make one its
Go for it! Easy to do.
Here's a copy of my 1500's switch diagram that uses 30 amp fuse F26. For a 2019+ HD you would use 40 amp fuse D11. For any truck with aux switches just ignore the remote switch on my diagram and use an aux switch. When I did this Abel was not in the picture, however, his system is similar to mine. The hardest part is modifying the fuse. If you find a fuse adapter that replaces the "modified fuse" process let me know.

Attachments

• 22a-ESC-TCS Modification - JFJ.pdf
    74.6 KB · Views: 30

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Planned:

Aux 2 - Rear Quick Disconnect for Car Carrier Winch Solenoid
Aux 3 - Possible Train Horn
Aux 4 - Empty;
Aux 5 - Empty;
Aux 6 - Annoying Travel Companion Ejector Seat
Update to planned:

Aux 2 - 2 Wheel Low Unlock (BDDiesel)
Aux 3 - Furrion Monitor
Aux 4 - Possible Train Horn
Aux 5 - Empty
Aux 6 - Rear Quick Disconnect for Winch Connection

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Need to get these done before hunting season...

Aux 1 - Aux Reverse Lights
Aux 2 - Winch Solenoid
Aux 3 - Air Compressor
Aux 4 - Empty
Aux 5 - Empty
Aux 6 - Trailer TPMS booster

Considering a nanny kill switch and a 2-Lo mod...but still unsure as I never needed either on my 2018.

Rallyguy44

Reaction score
For adding reverse lights is there a way to get them hooked to an aux switch without having to run a wire all the way to the back of the truck? I’ve seen a few mentions of a plug above the spare tire but don’t understand how to tie that to one of the switches. Thanks!

MtnRider

Reaction score
For adding reverse lights is there a way to get them hooked to an aux switch without having to run a wire all the way to the back of the truck? I’ve seen a few mentions of a plug above the spare tire but don’t understand how to tie that to one of the switches. Thanks!

Those blunt cut wires are a dead end, your better off just running a new wire.

1651Naismith

Reaction score
I thought there were details in this thread or a separate thread on the reverse lights. I found out about that option after I ran mine the length of the truck -- which was a PITA.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

There are wiring schematics on the Ram Body Builder website that can assist you in making it work. There should also be some wiring diagrams in this thread. @John Jensen has a pretty good write-up on it.

Those blunt cut wires are a dead end, your better off just running a new wire.

Why is that? I used them and it was a very easy install to do so. You do have to do a little wiring under the dash, but it makes it pretty clean for up to 2 pre-ran circuits are the rear bumper.

MtnRider

Reaction score
There are wiring schematics on the Ram Body Builder website that can assist you in making it work. There should also be some wiring diagrams in this thread. @John Jensen has a pretty good write-up on it.

Why is that? I used them and it was a very easy install to do so. You do have to do a little wiring under the dash, but it makes it pretty clean for up to 2 pre-ran circuits are the rear bumper.

Because it is probably easier for him to wire from the aux output in the engine bay straight back vs running it back into the cab and trying to get the correct pins etc to interface with the existing connector. Then you will still need to extend the ends at the rear to get them to reach the lights.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Because it is probably easier for him to wire from the aux output in the engine bay straight back vs running it back into the cab and trying to get the correct pins etc to interface with the existing connector. Then you will still need to extend the ends at the rear to get them to reach the lights.

Having done both I would still use the blunt cut wires for the rear bumper if there were no plans to use the IGN+ or Batt+ back there. It’s not difficult.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Here's what I did

Attachments

• 01b-Nilight Backup LED Bars-Wiring.pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 02a-Auxillary Switches - Wiring Diagram.png
    02a-Auxillary Switches - Wiring Diagram.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 52

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
aux 1 light bar
aux 2 fogs
aux 3 rear floods
aux 4 empty
aux 5 air pump for ttain horns
aux 6 empty

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Split my loom for my light bar. It has amber led “marker” lights between the row.

Aux 1 Lightbar
Aux 2 ambers

Users who are viewing this thread