Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

flan

Reaction score
I mentioned it to him but he checked first, they are great to deal with even with warranty on a deleted truck
I called for mine and they gave me the “only 2020+“ runaround at first but I mentioned the memo so they are going to look into it and get back to me.

KBob

Reaction score
Good for the 2019 owners!
I does occur to me if the dealer doesn't read the letter carefully it could seem to them that "all" 2019 trucks need the tank flushed. It was just barely mentioned that tank flushing is only if "contamination is discovered," (a way to save FCA money if contaminated) and then they tacked the info about the 2019 on the end of it. Seems confusing to me.

Last edited:

Wileykid

Reaction score
Called my dealer, number #28 in line now. They think that would put me into February. No other dealer around me can do it sooner.

RedhawkCC

Reaction score
Appointment to do Y78 recall scheduled for next Tuesday. Really meaningful to me since I sold my 2010 Ford King Ranch 6.4 diesel (Navistar) due to catastrophic engine failures in the HPFP, cracking pistons, radiator leaks, DPF clogs, oil cooler clogs, etc. I felt lied to and deceived by that Ford train-wreck. Ford never took ownership of those many shortcomings. Now my Ram is doomed to fail. At least Ram/FCA bit the bullet and recalled these trucks. Why did this take a year? Who knows. Other than the HPFP problem I love this truck. It drives/rides like a dream.

polcat

Reaction score
Nearly a 7 month wait with my dealership here in Central Arkansas! Well, at least my 2019 is on the waiting list.

flan

Reaction score
I wish they had all the info as fast as we get out hands on it lol
So far so good, I had to call back today to confirm my appt for the 3rd of Jan. I got a different person on the phone today and had to explain the reason I was calling back was because I had not heard back from the original service writer I had spoke to regarding the 19’s being eligible for the Y78. Even she had said she thought they weren’t eligible but had me hold while she checked. Then came back and said yep, just came out on the 2nd. Nice to school the teachers once and a while. I assume they will be able to get the kit as she didn’t call to postpone my appt. yet. Fingers crossed..

thecastle

Reaction score
It would be nice if those of us with 2019's could finally get the CP4.2 replacement done.

72guy

Reaction score
I’m scheduled in two months. #10 and they get one kit per week

thecastle

Reaction score
I saw that one, makes me hopeful that we might see parts in the wild. I'll try again in a few weeks to schedule. I've tried multiple times in the past and the dodge dealer has said they can't get the parts.. I'm at 52K miles so I'm probably fairly safe from the glitter bomb (i don't worry about it). But I'm going to big bend ranch state park next week and it would be nice to have it done before hand. Because you know it will blow up when I'm actually in the center of nowhere lol, knocks on wood. A/C never fails until its over 100 out and its a holiday weekend.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I saw that one, makes me hopeful that we might see parts in the wild. I'll try again in a few weeks to schedule. I've tried multiple times in the past and the dodge dealer has said they can't get the parts.. I'm at 52K miles so I'm probably fairly safe from the glitter bomb (i don't worry about it). But I'm going to big bend ranch state park next week and it would be nice to have it done before hand. Because you know it will blow up when I'm actually in the center of nowhere lol, knocks on wood. A/C never fails until its over 100 out and its a holiday weekend.
Your dealer doesn't make sense. You make a booking 1st and then wait for parts, not the other way around. Try a different dealer.
Also unlikely you will have it done my next week.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Dealers get a couple pumps a month no mater the size of the dealer…. Im not sure what your dealer is telling you but it does not make sense

steve49

Reaction score
I had gone through the original procedure and inspection back in May after parts were available, pump came in and then put on hold because it's a 2019! Well, now that there is a remedy I stopped by the dealership (small town), gave them my previous paperwork, yeah... they don't have the pump any longer! Told they can order one pump kit a week and with those already in line, it looks like April for me. Truck runs great so will wait my turn! :)

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I had gone through the original procedure and inspection back in May after parts were available, pump came in and then put on hold because it's a 2019! Well, now that there is a remedy I stopped by the dealership (small town), gave them my previous paperwork, yeah... they don't have the pump any longer! Told they can order one pump kit a week and with those already in line, it looks like April for me. Truck runs great so will wait my turn! :)
Well yea they wont hold the pump that would be rather silly

Users who are viewing this thread