Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pizzatots

Reaction score
Production ramps up slowly, they didn't update the truck page last year until we were 4 months in I believe.

Interesting. Seems like not many changes year over year, why the slow ramp ups? Genuinely curious. I’m in no hurry to take delivery of my truck.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Interesting. Seems like not many changes year over year, why the slow ramp ups? Genuinely curious. I’m in no hurry to take delivery of my truck.
It's what they do at changeover time, if there are and plant changes or process changes, have to see how everything works out.

pizzatots

Reaction score
It's what they do at changeover time, if there are and plant changes or process changes, have to see how everything works out.
Right on. Do they run verification units that aren’t sold, or are customer vehicles used as verification?

cjh1669

Reaction score
Do they not start actual builds during the change over? Are any scheduled?

Drew M

Reaction score
I had figured there would be a changeover between MY's, but I don't remember seeing any mention of one in earlier posts. I'm not complaining, but figured a 2-4 week shut down for changes and facility repairs/upgrades.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I had figured there would be a changeover between MY's, but I don't remember seeing any mention of one in earlier posts. I'm not complaining, but figured a 2-4 week shut down for changes and facility repairs/upgrades.
No total shutdown, just a slow ramp up, if there was major changes that would probably change.

Drew M

Reaction score
Do they not start actual builds during the change over? Are any scheduled?
My understanding of GMC/Chevy, and Ford in the KC area is production shuts down between Model Year (MY) production. I do not know if actual vehicles are produced, and if they are what their status is.

cjh1669

Reaction score
My understanding of GMC/Chevy, and Ford in the KC area is production shuts down between Model Year (MY) production. I do not know if actual vehicles are produced, and if they are what their status is.
So are they just changing over model years as of yesterday or actually beginning production? If they wait too long the rail workers issue could put 2023s coming out in 2024 against a very competitive built 2024 gmc hd

Drew M

Reaction score
So are they just changing over model years as of yesterday or actually beginning production? If they wait too long the rail workers issue could put 2023s coming out in 2024 against a very competitive built 2024 gmc hd
I should have mentioned that my post above was based upon experiences for prior years. For 22/23, (and 24?) I do not know what any of the manufacturers processes are. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
It seems as if the Big 3 are still trying to figure out their processes too!

Trwiii

Reaction score
Ok, last time, 23 production starts on 12/3, it got pushed back 5 days, then it will start ramping up as the last year gets cleared out and put in everlasting storage, hopefully there will be no rail strike on the 9th.....again.
What do you mean everlasting storage? 23s will ship while 22s go to long storage?

cjh1669

Reaction score
So as far as we know, no one here went into production on the 28th?

Users who are viewing this thread