Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Other Vehicle

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
The YJ progress is coming along. I finished the suspension setup. I used 4” j10 front springs all around with leafs removed and moved the front and rear axles to increase wheelbase slightly. Longer shackles helped dial in the height.

as far as stretch.. Custom fuel tank provides room for the rear chunk, Still have to relocate the steering box for extra steering clearance.

The goal was to have the least amount of lift with the largest tire possible. Sitting right at ~5.25” of lift

Here I have the 37” maxxis mounted up on battleborn beadlocks to test cycle the steering and see how much fender I need to remove. High clearance fenders are coming from metalcloak, I expect them to be really nice and provide plenty of room.

Check out the approach angle after moving the front axle forward a few inches.

Still have lots of driveline work to do on it but this is the ride height.

916F1C87-00B1-4B8C-A51D-342A1E05522B.jpeg949AD4F2-A28D-4D43-AC18-6A76D950B135.jpeg

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Just the wife’s work beater…tried to snow wheel it…it didn’t like it.View attachment 50347
Those things are remarkably capable with a little bit of work.

My first Jeep (and first new vehicle purchase) was an ‘03 Liberty. It ended up with a 3” lift, 32s, rock sliders, full underbelly skids, onboard air, and a bunch of other stuff. Wheeled it all over the NE and Moab. Finally sold it when a 10 cent c-clip gave out in the tranny and it ate itself. It was a fun little vehicle, and a blast to show the haters that you *can* wheel with IFS. That 3.7L inhaled gas faster than a Hemi though.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
So I picked up a little Honda Civic last year around spring... maybe late winter. Kicker is, it was a fully built, e85, 430hp ripper. I kicked its ass for about 4 months before she had enough and dropped a valve destroying the nicely ported cylinder head along with piston #4, and the block being it cracked the sleeve/water jacket through and through.

Ugh.

So... on to the build. Yank motor out, source new (used) longblock for $300 lol. Tear it down, send head to machine shop along with block.

While im in there... upgrade turbo to a nice Borg Warner s252sxe that should be good for about 500-525whp.

With any luck, ill start putting her back together in early Feb.

Still waiting for OEM oil pump, water pump, and timing belt/tensioner. Also waiting on new pistons and MLS head gasket.

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
So I picked up a little Honda Civic last year around spring... maybe late winter. Kicker is, it was a fully built, e85, 430hp ripper. I kicked its ass for about 4 months before she had enough and dropped a valve destroying the nicely ported cylinder head along with piston #4, and the block being it cracked the sleeve/water jacket through and through.

Ugh.

So... on to the build. Yank motor out, source new (used) longblock for $300 lol. Tear it down, send head to machine shop along with block.

While im in there... upgrade turbo to a nice Borg Warner s252sxe that should be good for about 500-525whp.

With an luck, ill start putting her back together in early Feb.

Still waiting for OEM oil pump, water pump, and timing belt/tensioner. Also waiting on new pistons and MLS head gasket.
Wow! Must be a real challenge to get that much power to the wheels in a FWD car??

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Wow! Must be a real challenge to get that much power to the wheels in a FWD car??

It is.

Cool part is this car has programmable boost by gear. In 2nd gear it sees about 14 psi... enough to burn the tires, but not as much as you'd expect. 3rd gear sees 20 psi --fights for traction, but has plenty of it, 4th gear gets the full 27 psi.

I haven't had it at the 1/4 mi track, but there's no reason the little shlt doesn't trap at or near 130 mph.

Firebird

Reaction score
It is.

Cool part is this car has programmable boost by gear. In 2nd gear it sees about 14 psi... enough to burn the tires, but not as much as you'd expect. 3rd gear sees 20 psi --fights for traction, but has plenty of it, 4th gear gets the full 27 psi.

I haven't had it at the 1/4 mi track, but there's no reason the little shlt doesn't trap at or near 130 mph.
Unreal!!!!! Bet that little sucker can scat

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Ugh.

With any luck, ill start putting her back together in early Feb.

That’s a cool car

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Those things are remarkably capable with a little bit of work.

My first Jeep (and first new vehicle purchase) was an ‘03 Liberty. It ended up with a 3” lift, 32s, rock sliders, full underbelly skids, onboard air, and a bunch of other stuff. Wheeled it all over the NE and Moab. Finally sold it when a 10 cent c-clip gave out in the tranny and it ate itself. It was a fun little vehicle, and a blast to show the haters that you *can* wheel with IFS. That 3.7L inhaled gas faster than a Hemi though.

Aisin?

LOL, couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread