Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Has any 2019 been done so far (without failure first)? I think I read a few times appointments were given for 2019 but always ended up a no go as "parts not available for 2019 yet".
Also it could be just the "verification" appointment. No parts are changed on that first visit. They just check if any glitter are present in filters. Unless things have changed since mine was done.
Mine was done a few months back as it had some outstanding recalls. OK maybe not "some" I didn't let the dealer touch it other than free oil changes that came with my extended warranty package.
Maybe it's in my head but responsiveness is a little better, about the same fuel economy as before, DEF could be a little higher but I never measured DEF MPGs. I haven't seen a regen yet so at least that didn't change, most of my miles are highway so it gets pretty worked up any day I drive it, no short trips. Some others reported Regens in overdrive after the recall, appears to be mostly 2020 trucks, glad it wasn't my experience.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
My 19s on the wait list @ dealer. It hasn't seen the dealer since new so no recalls have been performed. They said as soon as my turn comes they'll call. But it's a LONG wait. 35wks was what I was told at end of August, lol.
You should try another dealer. Small dealers appear to have a smaller monthly quote for replacement HPFPs, large dealers will have a larger quote but will have a lot more customers in line. Gotta find that sweet middle spot. Dealer I chose took only a few month I think to get my parts in.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
You should try another dealer. Small dealers appear to have a smaller monthly quote for replacement HPFPs, large dealers will have a larger quote but will have a lot more customers in line. Gotta find that sweet middle spot. Dealer I chose took only a few month I think to get my parts in.
I'm in no hurry, only 18kmi on the truck. All three local dealers are same size. Plus the dealer I'm waiting on is where I bought it as well as being the top rated here. Closest dealer won't call back ever. I haven't set foot in a dealership service dept since 2013. Not real excited about having to do it now!

Raidercat

Reaction score
Finally got my 20 done. Waited almost 4 months for the pump after my “inspection”. Called to check on the status and was told they never placed me on a list or ordered the part and I would have to start the process over again. I sought out a smaller dealer after this and they fixed me up. Going to a smaller dealer is the way to go for me now. Anyway only ram the truck on the way home from the recall, motor is waaayyy quieter now, old pump had a loud buzzing noise and this new pump is much quieter. Fuel economy seems the same. I did notice my oil temps were much lower than usual wondering if that could be due to a reflash for the recall?

woodrow

Reaction score
I had my CP4 fuel pump recall done today and after picking the truck up, it runs great and I believe has a quieter idle. My truck is tuned and missing some parts and I was told by the diesel tech it did not need a flash( and he did not reflash my pcm) after the new cp3.3 pump was installed. Everything is running great, but I hear a whining noise during hard acceleration at higher rpm's. Anyone experience this with the new pump? My truck is a 2020 2500 tradesmen Cummins.

KBob

Reaction score
A while back there was conversation about Regens after pump replacement. Some people were having them all the time, and at least one dealer was reported as saying it was normal, and part of the new programming.
In review my 2020 SO did a regen the day after I drove it home from the dealer after replacement in July, and I've left my display on the regen screen since then looking for the next one.
I mostly tow, and pull an 8000 lb 5th wheel.
Half way through a 100 mile trip the last week of October it finally started a regen when I was stopped in a line for construction. I had logged 50 engine hours, and 2000 miles. If the meter ever showed anything it was before I looked down, and saw the regen message.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I had my CP4 fuel pump recall done today and after picking the truck up, it runs great and I believe has a quieter idle. My truck is tuned and missing some parts and I was told by the diesel tech it did not need a flash( and he did not reflash my pcm) after the new cp3.3 pump was installed. Everything is running great, but I hear a whining noise during hard acceleration at higher rpm's. Anyone experience this with the new pump? My truck is a 2020 2500 tradesmen Cummins.

CP3 has some gear whine.

Reaction score
Hey all, just an update.

My 2020 2500 has been running good all summer for me. However, I am still on the wait list to get the HPFP recall done. Going on 3 months waiting. (Red Deer, Alberta region)

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Update to this Nov. 16/22 - still waiting to get this done.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Update to this Nov. 16/22 - still waiting to get this done.
Wow, I was in line for only couple of months and got my truck done 2 months ago now, Parkland Chrysler in Spruce Grove, AB. Check with your dealer to see how far you're in line and maybe try a different dealer. As I mentioned earlier very small dealer have small quote for HPFH, bigger dealers have a bigger quote but will have more customers in line waiting, gotta find that sweet spot between too busy and too small.

Reaction score
Wow, I was in line for only couple of months and got my truck done 2 months ago now, Parkland Chrysler in Spruce Grove, AB. Check with your dealer to see how far you're in line and maybe try a different dealer. As I mentioned earlier very small dealer have small quote for HPFH, bigger dealers have a bigger quote but will have more customers in line waiting, gotta find that sweet spot between too busy and too small.
Yah I'm dealing with Lacombe Chrysler. I tried Red Deer but the waitlist and parts shortage was bad enough that they essentially told me to pound sand.

Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My 2020 was done in mid June.....I was third in line at Varsity in Calgary.
Yah, that's like lottery type of luck haha. I was only able to get onto the waitlist in June lol. I did call them today. They are going to dig into parts availability and call back tomorrow.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My 2020 was done in mid June.....I was third in line at Varsity in Calgary.
Hey how long did repairs take for you guys? Same day or longer thanks. I asked my purchasing dealer in Barrhead and was told no 19’s and she said they only had one failed (Sounded like a while ago) come in but repairs took weeks.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Less than a day for me. Wife drove the truck to the dealer (I was away for work), they gave her a ride back home and then went to get her about 5-6 hrs later. Truck was done and mine also has dual alts so the 2nd alt has probably added 30 mins or so to the total labour time.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Hey how long did repairs take for you guys? Same day or longer thanks. I asked my purchasing dealer in Barrhead and was told no 19’s and she said they only had one failed (Sounded like a while ago) come in but repairs took weeks.
Are you up to date on all other recalls?

Users who are viewing this thread