Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

gator6

Reaction score

22limited

Reaction score
51’ is good to know, but I still have figure out how to fit it on a 43’ 6” 5er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered a 20’ fakra cable still have to test it will update.
I’m in the same boat 45” toy hauler.

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score
I got the plug moved to the bed where it should be this week end.

Had to add an extension to the harness to reach the new plug location, I used this one: 1' Fakra Cable

Also add extension to the harness for the trailer, this one: 6' Fakra Cable

All seems to work fine but I just plugged it all in to see, haven't actually ran the cable through the camper yet, and after I do it will be 3-4 months before it sees any road time for testing.

20220227_201649[1].jpg

22limited

Reaction score
Let me know if you have any luck

I just hooked up the 20 foot fakra extension cable along with the 50 foot cable that it comes with camera kit and the picture is still crystal clear in the mirror. Both ends of the extension cable both clip in and lock in.
So I guess there’s hope for us people with big 40- 45 foot campers.

Rampingup

Reaction score
I mounted my trailer surround camera system today. Temp hook up and checked on the truck monitor. Works great. I've got to make a mounting bracket for the junction box tomorrow. I'm making it removable for taking to the next camper. Now if I can just get the wired tow camera.

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score
I would love to do the surround view but hate the thought of running all the wires for the cameras though the walls of my Montana. Also from the little bit of pictures that I have seen the cameras look a little but tacky I though, yea I know it is just a camera. Do you have any pictures of them mounted on your camper? Would love to see them. Also some screen shots of the monitor would be cool.

str8arro

Reaction score
68527599AA is for the digital rear view trailer camera (coax connector)...not the 12 pin connector.
Do you have any idea where I can order the camera 68527599AA? Everywhere I look shows it discontinued! Thanks

gator6

Reaction score
I just hooked up the 20 foot fakra extension cable along with the 50 foot cable that it comes with camera kit and the picture is still crystal clear in the mirror. Both ends of the extension cable both clip in and lock in.
So I guess there’s hope for us people with big 40- 45 foot campers.
That sounds fantastic! Could you provide a link to where you purchased your extension?

gator6

Reaction score

Had to add an extension to the harness to reach the new plug location, I used this one: 1' Fakra Cable

All seems to work fine but I just plugged it all in to see, haven't actually ran the cable through the camper yet, and after I do it will be 3-4 months before it sees any road time for testing.

View attachment 32899
what all was required to relocate? It looks nice, I'm just not big on cutting into a new truck blindly.

gator6

Reaction score
I mounted my trailer surround camera system today. Temp hook up and checked on the truck monitor. Works great. I've got to make a mounting bracket for the junction box tomorrow. I'm making it removable for taking to the next camper. Now if I can just get the wired tow camera.

I’m with Mopar_Mudder could you post a few pics of your setup and monitor results when able?

Rampingup

Reaction score
I would love to do the surround view but hate the thought of running all the wires for the cameras though the walls of my Montana. Also from the little bit of pictures that I have seen the cameras look a little but tacky I though, yea I know it is just a camera. Do you have any pictures of them mounted on your camper? Would love to see them. Also some screen shots of the monitor would be cool.
I will get some pics today and see if I'm smart enough to post. I'm like you, I didn't want to drill holes in my camper, especially since I'm planning on trading it in this fall when my camper on order is complete. Therefore, all my wires are on the outside. I ran the rear & 2 side wires down the rain gutter & follow the corner trim to the front. The front camera goes across the front of the camper & runs down the side. I am concerned how this will work with the winds going down the highway. They are currently tie wrapped to sticky pads but I'm thinking I may need to get more, especially on the front ones. I've got to fabricate a bracket to hold the control module for the connection. The cameras are held in place with 3M tape, which many campers have used to hold their solar panels in place. I hope to get this done today, but I've got to take the truck in for the windows to be tinted. That will cost me a couple of hrs running back & forth to drop off and pick back up.

Mopar_Mudder

Reaction score

Webracin

Reaction score
Do you have any idea where I can order the camera 68527599AA? Everywhere I look shows it discontinued! Thanks
Not sure if it can be ordered yet, but that is the part number on the bag for the trailer camera. I would imagine they are reserving any kits for the new truck builds until the chip shortage is more in control.

gator6

Reaction score

RLMandich

Reaction score

View attachment 32899
Absolutely idiotic that we have to make this mod! What is Ram thinking?

gator6

Reaction score
Absolutely idiotic that we have to make this mod! What is Ram thinking?

I do agree that this is something that Ram needs to fix. It makes no sense having a tow package set your truck up to connect everything in the bed except the digital rear view trailer system you probably paid at least a grand for.

But… can’t do anything about it now, but complain to the engineers so they can make the next generation better. Like I’ve stated, I don’t like hacking up a new truck, but I don’t want a loan cable dangling over my bed hooked up to the bumper. I’m sure several see that on the road, point and laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread