Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reaction score
Picked up this truck today until my Limited shows up

261423403_438966697881496_7067863177875894324_n.jpg

Pretty sweet for a temporary truck !!!

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Have either of you guys had one of these? I’ve had ‘one’ on my truck for 6 years now. The first one cracked on the top vinyl and was replaced under warranty. I asked the rep about the cracking and if I should have protected it and she told me it shouldn’t need it, but that I could use a vinyl conditioner on it. I used one twice per year on the replacement and it cracked too. Plus the felt that protects your hands from the heat when you roll it up came off too. I won’t buy another, not crazy about the product. I might try a tri-fold model though. The company seems good otherwise.
I’ve got a Leer HF650M waiting in the garage.

Radley

Reaction score
JUST GOT THE GOOD WORD TODAY! Built and expected this month. Can't find KZLD code though. Reads "In Transit Delay".
Dealer sent me the screen shot of the code.
Anyone in nj received there 2500 Laramie long bed I ordered 6/26/21?

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
Looking at the POC from Mark Dodge as I arrange financing, I am wondering which price is the offer price. I assumed it was FFP, but I also see a lower EP price that some have discussed on here. Which one is it? Also, Aaron called this evening and said they would fight the slight uptick in MSRP to stick with the original POC. Hoping that holds.

kennelpj

Reaction score
Have either of you guys had one of these? I’ve had ‘one’ on my truck for 6 years now. The first one cracked on the top vinyl and was replaced under warranty. I asked the rep about the cracking and if I should have protected it and she told me it shouldn’t need it, but that I could use a vinyl conditioner on it. I used one twice per year on the replacement and it cracked too. Plus the felt that protects your hands from the heat when you roll it up came off too. I won’t buy another, not crazy about the product. I might try a tri-fold model though. The company seems good otherwise.
I had a trifold before, I didn't like that it blocked the rear window when Folded all the way up. I've heard good and bad things about this one but I guess I'll see what happens! Liked the rolling aspect overall.

owdiss78

Reaction score
Got tired of waiting, they have added new restrictions on us as of today, its getting really hard. Now the district manager is saying lucky to see it by summer

Oh dang it what kinda restrictions you talking? I’m already 3 months in and no movement since I got a vin I’m scared I’m going to be 6 months plus but hope dealer honers the price even if it shows up in June. Sucks seeing trucks ordered on October November already being built. And be similar to your own order

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Looking at the POC from Mark Dodge as I arrange financing, I am wondering which price is the offer price. I assumed it was FFP, but I also see a lower EP price that some have discussed on here. Which one is it? Also, Aaron called this evening and said they would fight the slight uptick in MSRP to stick with the original POC. Hoping that holds.
It’s not in the POC, it’s on the paperwork you signed when you placed the order. Their pricing is typically just a bit less than EP.

I ordered in June, MSRP increased about $2k. Mark Dodge honored the agreed upon pricing.

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
So is it safe to assume an order will take 3 to 4 months on average? I'm hoping to place an order by February, but may adjust based on the timing...

owdiss78

Reaction score
So is it safe to assume an order will take 3 to 4 months on average?

Yes unless you order a longhorn they seem to be built very fast. I’m at 11 weeks and not one movement since I got vin 3 days after order

tcuweimer

Reaction score
I'm reviewing my order against a screen shot of my build, and there is 1 code missing from my build (SJE - adaptive steering), but I have 6 codes listed that I don't know what they are. Anyone have any idea or is there a list posted that I missed? I searched but did not find anything. I have these options that I don't know what there are. NAS, 4AK, 4H4, 4NS, 4XV, 573. Any input appreciated!

Walker.b96

Reaction score
Hello all I’ve been a long time follower of the thread figuring I’d share my story for some heads up and info I ordered a 3500 ho srw crew cab and here was the time line. I hope to be picking it up within the next couple days

Ordered august 10th
D1 oct 10th
Built nov 3rd
Shipped nov 9th
Delivered dec 6h 4F0C39F2-AC91-463C-8552-A8140BD79B2F.pngD1538532-2249-4BE2-90BA-7B2CE731C59D.jpegE7D83F4F-2765-493C-AC44-A58949E8D799.jpeg

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
Those getting trucks delivered to dealerships, it would be interesting to know where you are, or more specifically city and state where your dealer is. Just from the limited info I can glean from this thread, I'm seeing a wide variation in times, rail delivery to dealer delivery. A month or more on some, and a few days on others.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer from Leer about it fitting a 2022? They haven't answered my emails.
Kinda, a seller told me they have sold plenty to 2022 owners now and no complaints. I think you will see that in writing on the sales web site frequently asked questions. They have notes on my order that when I get my truck and it does not fit I can return it. It will fit.

1203BBF5-5AF5-4562-A433-45AD49C4A507.jpeg

Last edited:

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
It’s not in the POC, it’s on the paperwork you signed when you placed the order. Their pricing is typically just a bit less than EP.

I ordered in June, MSRP increased about $2k. Mark Dodge honored the agreed upon pricing.
Thanks. It has been so long that I forgot about that document.

Users who are viewing this thread