Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the People's Republic of Washington State

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Hello all.

I ordered an 2022 RAM 3500 Limited with a Cummins H.O. engine about a week ago. Got my VIN about 3 days later. Who knows when I'll actually see the vehicle however. Anyway, I'm super happy I found this forum. Just wanted to introduce myself as a "future" first time RAM owner. Thanks in advance for the copious amounts of info provided here. I promise to search before posting. ;)

Take care everyone!

-NewGTGuy

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Welcome. I too reside on the wetside of this communist state. You are probably looking at around 4 months from order to receipt. I ordered my truck August 6th and took possession of it on November 27th. They are awesome and you will definitely enjoy it!

flan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the truck order! Washing state seems like a nice place to visit, but much like CA, way to lib for my taste. How’s Oregon doing stuck in the middle of you 2?

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the truck order! Washing state seems like a nice place to visit, but much like CA, way to lib for my taste. How’s Oregon doing stuck in the middle of you 2?

Thanks for the message fran. Much appreciated. It seems the more east you go, the less influence the WCP (WA Communist Party) has. We try and make it to Idaho as much as we can. We also spend about a month a year in Arizona. Just to enjoy a break from the utter tyranny that surrounds us up here. I believe the "go east" rule also applies to Oregon. Portland has basically turned into Seattle or L.A. Much of it is a war zone of delusional ANTIFA protestors and Homeless people. Very sad situation really. I used to live in downtown Seattle until the WTO peaceful protests (read: riots) forced me to move east.

Take care!

-NewGTGuy

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Welcome. I too reside on the wetside of this communist state. You are probably looking at around 4 months from order to receipt. I ordered my truck August 6th and took possession of it on November 27th. They are awesome and you will definitely enjoy it!
Hello Thompsre. Thanks for the reply and the delivery estimate. It is truly appreciated... The dealer told me to expect as little as 3 months, but as long as 6. I order the truck pretty loaded, so some of the chips needed for my selected options may be in short supply. Anyway, we will also be purchasing a 5th wheel to tow behind our new beast. As long as we take possession in time for better weather, I'll be happy. :)

Take care!

-NewGTGuy

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Hello Thompsre. Thanks for the reply and the delivery estimate. It is truly appreciated... The dealer told me to expect as little as 3 months, but as long as 6. I order the truck pretty loaded, so some of the chips needed for my selected options may be in short supply. Anyway, we will also be purchasing a 5th wheel to tow behind our new beast. As long as we take possession in time for better weather, I'll be happy. :)

Take care!

-NewGTGuy
Hopefully you are closer to the 3 month side of things! I know with the limiteds it appears that RAM has been pushing those builds for customers as they have a higher profit margin for the company that say a tradesman or bighorn. How big of a 5th wheel are you looking at? We've got one as well which is a blast for the kiddos.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Hopefully you are closer to the 3 month side of things! I know with the limiteds it appears that RAM has been pushing those builds for customers as they have a higher profit margin for the company that say a tradesman or bighorn. How big of a 5th wheel are you looking at? We've got one as well which is a blast for the kiddos.
We are looking at something around 30-35 feet. It's just my wife and me, so we don't need a huge amount of space. We are both pretty tall people, so we are hoping for a King bed on a slide out in the master. We like the side windows that come with this feature. Also, we would like to be able to occasionally have guests, so a sofa/sleeper would be great! Perhaps something like the Rockwood 2899KS. We saw the River Ranch RV at a show last summer and were blown away. However, at over 40ft. I think it's just too big for two people. Especially two people who don't know much about RVs. :)

Thompsre08

Reaction score
Check out the Grand Design Reflection 337RLS. I believe its 36' overall. We have a 31MB which i believe shares the same frame. We just needed the bunk room for the kiddos. But Grand Design builds a great product!

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Check out the Grand Design Reflection 337RLS. I believe its 36' overall. We have a 31MB which i believe shares the same frame. We just needed the bunk room for the kiddos. But Grand Design builds a great product!
Will do. Thank you for all the info!

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds like a NICE truck. You'll love the powertrain.

BigDaveTX

Reaction score
We are looking at something around 30-35 feet. It's just my wife and me, so we don't need a huge amount of space. We are both pretty tall people, so we are hoping for a King bed on a slide out in the master. We like the side windows that come with this feature. Also, we would like to be able to occasionally have guests, so a sofa/sleeper would be great! Perhaps something like the Rockwood 2899KS. We saw the River Ranch RV at a show last summer and were blown away. However, at over 40ft. I think it's just too big for two people. Especially two people who don't know much about RVs. :)
Our requirements were similar to yours. As the name suggests I need a King bed, roomy shower and like you wanted an auxiliary sofa sleeper for occasional guests (we've had a couple already). We have a 2500 CTD so pin weight was a limiting factor. We decided on a Cougar 316RLS. (picture in the "Let's See What Your Towing" thread). Really love it. It's 36' (not too big, but plenty big for the two of us). The CTD can pull it faster than I want to go and we had a very comfortable 2 wk trip out thru NM, AZ and CA. Of course every time we head west to get anywhere first there is 750+ miles of Texas to cross first! You're going to love the great towing with the CTD.

NewGTGuy

Reaction score
Our requirements were similar to yours. As the name suggests I need a King bed, roomy shower and like you wanted an auxiliary sofa sleeper for occasional guests (we've had a couple already). We have a 2500 CTD so pin weight was a limiting factor. We decided on a Cougar 316RLS. (picture in the "Let's See What Your Towing" thread). Really love it. It's 36' (not too big, but plenty big for the two of us). The CTD can pull it faster than I want to go and we had a very comfortable 2 wk trip out thru NM, AZ and CA. Of course every time we head west to get anywhere first there is 750+ miles of Texas to cross first! You're going to love the great towing with the CTD.
Thanks for the advise. I took a look at the 316RLS. Very nice rig. So much space. Keystone really did a good job with that one. This unit will definitely be on our short list. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction...

wjcook68

Reaction score
Congrats on ordering the new truck. I too live in WA on the wet side. We just moved here from Oregon. Personally I prefer WA, at least the area we moved to. I had previously lived in Oregon my whole life and was actually happy to move. Sadly, it isn't what it was when I was younger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread