Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
I'd like to know also. When I ordered my truck in Oct the dealership quoted a trade in of $58 K on my 2020 Limited Eco diesel with 28,000 miles This was $6K+ more than I paid the same dealership when I bought it. I'm beginning to wonder if I might do better on my own. The one point I have to consider is how the State of Ks will tax me. Not positive if I have a certain amount of time to "reinvest" the sale price on new without having to pay sales tax on the entire new amount. For me, that tax is just short of 10%. Thanks to my local city recently raising their taxes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Facebook Market place AND get into multiple Ram Groups to share the listing.

DougB

Reaction score
I was given some “track wrap” temporary wrap to put on for my drive back from Louisiana to Texas. It took me about 30 min to peel and stick my entire front end and front of the hood. It didn’t look pretty but kept everything chip free until I had the truck wrapped properly a week later. I used the corporate XPEL store here in Austin who did a phenomenal job on my full front end and assorted bits plus all the tint. In my mind I could have saved a couple hundred bucks doing it elsewhere but knowing that if I have ANY issues I will be taken care of is worth it to me. Plus the free track wrap is just great business and peace of mind.
Mind sharing the cost of the front end wrap? I’m in Round Rock. I have thought about getting at least my front painted bumper covered. I was going to compare wrap cost vs getting it repainted.

DougB

Reaction score
Go with MOPAR extended warranties not aftermarket - I went with Max Care option. You get to choose mileage and years and deductable. Dealer can sell it to you but you can also buy from Zeigler at a discounted price if you use code PAYINFULL. Dealer should be able to match that price though my dealer had to sell at full price and discount the price of truck the difference.

Below link should take you to Zeigler

If you choose the $100 deductible you can select the MaxImum Care with Money Back Guarantee plan. If at the end of the time you’ve not filed a repair claim at all you can request a full refund of the original price you paid for the plan. When I was looking yesterday it was $775 more for this plan vs the $200 deductible on the 8/100 for regular max care plan. The regular plans have a 60 day refund period if you change your mind. You can use the other benefits of the plan, like roadside help, without losing the money back guarantee.

Reading over on 5thgenrams if you shop around the various online sites and make a couple phone calls you might get and extra $50-$100 more off which ever plan you buy.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I think ill be even longer than you because i had to cancel an order due to my dealer not playing right. I ordered in may, canceled in october after no progress? Reordered the same day, and still waiting. I think ill be somewhere around January or February before i see mine

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
You are in D1 already with shipping times!

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I am looking to get my first brand new truck in about one - two weeks and would like a copy of your checklist if possible. It will be a lot to go through and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check your messages

tnpete

Reaction score
You are in D1 already with shipping times!
Can you check and see if I'm out of d2PA yet? As the world turns 6 wheels keeps me grounded in Port Allen. Tune in tomorrow to find out if they pull 2 wheels off. ship it as a single wheel truck? Or if it sits until the Fat Bearded man drops if off on the 25th.

ACEd

Reaction score
Question for anyone who for the Ramboxes with their truck…I saw that there are the slots for the cargo bed divider in the bed of my truck when I was looking at it at my dealer's tech center where new trucks are unloaded at. Does the Rambox package come with these? Asking because I didn’t order the cargo management system yet there’s the divider slots as well as the adjustable cargo tie downs there but I didn’t see the cargo divider anywhere in the truck.
I think you get everything except the dividers and maybe some more pieces that go in the rails.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Also anyone who is getting rustproofing…my options are Krown for $150 needs to be done every year or Corrosion Free which is good for 18 months but comes in at $450 each time. Anyone have experience with either? Read that Corrosion Free is more effective than crown and less messy as well as hitting more places but also read Krown gets into more places since it’s more fluid.

rauan

Reaction score
It has finally arrived yesterday night.
5be371390587aa2fb2a532e9f8e65c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Can you check and see if I'm out of d2PA yet? As the world turns 6 wheels keeps me grounded in Port Allen. Tune in tomorrow to find out if they pull 2 wheels off. ship it as a single wheel truck? Or if it sits until the Fat Bearded man drops if off on the 25th.
Still at PA waiting for a truck

Dougjmart

Reaction score
Wow, waiting all this time for the truck to be built is not near as bad as this last couple of weeks waiting for someone to fetch it from the rail yard! Maybe next week.
I feel ya, I’m almost willing to pay extra for someone to get it here quick LOL

Users who are viewing this thread