Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subthread 2022 orders - Aftermarket Parts on order pre truck delivery?

knobbytyre

Reaction score
My list is growing
12” screen protector
KYKR Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Compatible with 2019 2020 2021 2022 1500 2500 3500 TRX Uconnect 12 Inch Dodge Ram - Anti Glare Scratch Fingerprint Navigation Protection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MVRQD9...abc_YMP6X5E4NKC6A5K5NQ68?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Black rhino sierra 18x9 +18 offset

Goodyear duratrac 275/70/18

Westin HDX black/stainless drop steps

knobbytyre

Reaction score
2022 on order still in d status.
SB Intake and fuel tank
banks monster ram with grid heater delete.
mbrp dual tip exhaust
Aev speedometer and tpms module.
carli pin top with rear deaver springs and king shocks
sulastic shackles.
tis 544bm 20x9 +18 offset with Nitto ridge grappler 37x13.50x22.

I also did a quick video on the anti rattle hitch pin below. Not associated and no links. I have used these for 2 years now and they are a must have..

Best anti rattle hitch pin!
I am hoping this is a typo but it says you have 20x9 wheels and 37x13.5 x 22 tires? I don’t think they will fit

Scvette

Reaction score
Looks like he has a Carli pin top lift coming for it also, so those 37s will fit no problem.
I am hoping this is a typo but it says you have 20x9 wheels and 37x13.5 x 22 tires? I don’t think they will fit

DougB

Reaction score
On order or will be soon:
  • Amp rear bed step
  • Amp side bed step x 2
  • Leer soft folding tonneau cover
  • Banks Pedal Monster with iDash gauges
  • Tint windows
  • Replace rear window with slider/defroster with single piece w/o defroster
  • Auto vent shade rain guards
  • Heatshield for front windshield
  • Geno’s locking fuel and DEF caps
  • Superliner spray in bedliner
  • 8.4” screen protector (not sure)

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered Bed Cap Rails for the 2022 6.4 Bed Trucks? Can anyone recommend a good product? I want to put Cap Rails on before I install a Tonneau Cover.

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Installed:
5% ceraminc tint all around
70% ceramic on windshield
Reese bed cargo bar
1-step polish and ceramic exterior

On order/next:
Swing case passenger side (driver side will block outlet/plugs)
35x12.50x20 Toyo RT or Ridge grapplers, not sure yet
Screen protector - Amazon
Headrest hooks
Headrest mini trash can

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Truck ordered Black 2022 RAM Big Horn, 6.4L, 6.5 Short Bed. Truck is in the Delivery Stage for delivery by years end.

Parts I've already ordered or plan to order:

Spray in Bed Liner Rhino Local Supplier $Still Re-Searching

Window Tint Local Supplier $Still Re-Searching

Dash Mat By Dash Designs $57.56

Truck Bed Cover By Gator Recoil $950.00

Rain Deflectors By Westin n Channel $51.57

All Weather Mats By Mopar Brand $138.00

Wheels By ION ALLOY- 186 Gunmetal $601.36

Tires By Falken Wild Peak A/T3W $1244.00

Nerf Bars By Lund 5 Inch Oval Curved $174.68

Fender Flares By Spec-D Fender Flares $199.00

Custom Leather Interior By KatzKin.com $1600.00

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered Longhorn or Limited what are you doing about floormats? Are the factory delivered ones decent or is anyone upgrading to Weathertec or Husky mats? Asking for a friend lol

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered Longhorn or Limited what are you doing about floormats? Are the factory delivered ones decent or is anyone upgrading to Weathertec or Husky mats? Asking for a friend lol
I have limited and the floor mats are great. Keep in mind you can remove carpet section and basically have a all weather (carpet-less) floor mat. In my opinion they are great for daily use here in CA. Now....you in snow/rain/mud 24/7 may want to remove carpet. I think for my use they are fine. Guess it depends how clean you are and how dirty your truck is on a daily basis.

R.A.F

Reaction score
The Longhorn or Limited mats are great, to fit other mats is not necessary.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Picked up a set of Nfab Epyx steps from Amazon Warehouse for $250. I also got a full set of Husky mud flaps from Amazon Warehouse for $17.

pinkerton81

Reaction score
Truck ordered Black 2022 RAM Big Horn, 6.4L, 6.5 Short Bed. Truck is in the Delivery Stage for delivery by years end.

Parts I've already ordered or plan to order:

Spray in Bed Liner Rhino Local Supplier $Still Re-Searching

Window Tint Local Supplier $Still Re-Searching

Dash Mat By Dash Designs $57.56

Truck Bed Cover By Gator Recoil $950.00

Rain Deflectors By Westin n Channel $51.57

All Weather Mats By Mopar Brand $138.00

Wheels By ION ALLOY- 186 Gunmetal $601.36

Tires By Falken Wild Peak A/T3W $1244.00

Nerf Bars By Lund 5 Inch Oval Curved $174.68

Fender Flares By Spec-D Fender Flares $199.00

Custom Leather Interior By KatzKin.com $1600.00
How do you like your Gator Recoil? I'm considering the same but wonder bout it's durability since the price is so much lower than others

Scubaz66

Reaction score
How do you like your Gator Recoil? I'm considering the same but wonder bout it's durability since the price is so much lower than others
Just ordered it the other day, still haven't taken delivery. I'm also awaiting a schedule date to have my Rhino Spray in Bed Liner done. I won't install the Gator until after the Rhino.

If it helps, I reviewed most every retractable Tonneau on the market and watched install videos on each of them. The brands priced $1800-$1900 didn't impress me enough to pay the extra $1000.00. I believe the true differences is the amount of weight you can place on the closed Tonneau Cover itself. I don't plan on hauling loads on top and I'm not going to use it as a cat walk.

pinkerton81

Reaction score
Just ordered it the other day, still haven't taken delivery. I'm also awaiting a schedule date to have my Rhino Spray in Bed Liner done. I won't install the Gator until after the Rhino.

If it helps, I reviewed most every retractable Tonneau on the market and watched install videos on each of them. The brands priced $1800-$1900 didn't impress me enough to pay the extra $1000.00. I believe the true differences is the amount of weight you can place on the closed Tonneau Cover itself. I don't plan on hauling loads on top and I'm not going to use it as a cat walk.
I'm in total agreement with you - but I don't want a cover that flutters up and down in the wind (for some reason I can't stand to see that on other trucks on the highway)

G’Dave

Reaction score
On order or will be soon:

• Replace rear window with slider/defroster with single piece w/o defroster

Hey @DougB , I'm curious to know why you're ditching the fancy rear window and replacing it with the base window that comes with a TM? Is it for looks, or are there functional issues like leaks, whistling, etc with the slider?
I've owned a TM for 7 years, and am looking forward to having the slider with defrost in my 22 Laramie, but now you got me wondering......
Thanks

DougB

Reaction score
Hey @DougB , I'm curious to know why you're ditching the fancy rear window and replacing it with the base window that comes with a TM? Is it for looks, or are there functional issues like leaks, whistling, etc with the slider?
I've owned a TM for 7 years, and am looking forward to having the slider with defrost in my 22 Laramie, but now you got me wondering......
Thanks
Purely personal preference.

My 06, which I had for 13 years, had a plain window and I prefer looking out it without any interferences versus the sliding defroster window. I keep forgetting to close the slider when I leave it open so it’s a risk for me in that way.

I debated on the defroster though. Ultimately it came down to the plain window being a little cheaper for that decision. I had already waited long enough that the glass went up 20%. If the shop can get the slider out intact I might keep it or maybe sell it. I’ve seen videos on YouTube of shops using a special cord and tools to cut the sliders out intact. There may be some occasions I’ll wish I had a defroster but in central Texas it’s merely to try to get dew off, not frost, snow or ice.

I could have also tried Safelite glass service vs a genuine Mopar but felt better going with OEM for tint to match rear doors since I’m going to add another layer to help with heat rejection.

The small risk of a leak or someone breaking in thru one of the smaller panels didn’t factor much in my decision but they are both nice to mitigate in the process.

DougB

Reaction score
I'm in total agreement with you - but I don't want a cover that flutters up and down in the wind (for some reason I can't stand to see that on other trucks on the highway)
Agree with soft covers fluttering but not because of visual issues but noise. I had a RuggedCover on my 06 for years and although it fluttered it didn’t make any noise you could hear inside the cab.

I couldn’t get the same brand for my ‘22 so went with a Leer Latitude. It fits nice and the one hand release system is nice. But it when it flutters it makes a noise that occasionally that you can hear. I think it makes a noise because the vinyl is thicker than other covers so there’s more mass moving around. So while the thicker vinyl is great for longevity, it has a consequence of creating noise. Leer tried to help me tighten it to help but didn’t completely stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread