Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel radio controls

Chiefgunrsm8

Reaction score
If this has already been posted a million times since at least 2014, I apologize for posting it again. I tried searching and could not find anything.

A few months ago I traded in my 2014 1500 Laramie that I had since December 2013 for a 2023 2500 Laramie. Both trucks have the steering wheel radio controls. I always thought that only being able to go up and down through the radio channels (frequencies) and not being able to go up and down through my presets was the dumbest features on my ‘14. I can see being able to both ways through your presets, but who even uses the channels once you set your presets? What if I want to go back to the previous preset? I have to go through all of them or manually touch the screen which then defeats the purpose of the steering wheel controls. Imagine my surprise and disgust when I bought a truck nearly ten years later and the same stupid feature is still in place. So I have a couple of questions.

1. I think I know the answer to this already, and it’s no, but is there anyway to change this feature so I can go up and down through the presets? Can the dealer re-program the system or something?

2. If the answer is no, is there anyway to contact RAM directly to make an official suggestion to change this as this is the only vehicle I’ve ever driven with this poorly designed feature. I am no computer guru, but this seems like something that could be easily fixed with a software update. I’m sure it will fall on deaf ears as I’m only one person, but it can’t hurt to say something. I tried getting an answer to this question at my dealership and they have no idea how a customer can contact RAM, only themselves. I’d rather do it myself.

The bottom line is that I cannot believe ten years down the road RAM didn’t realize what a bad design this is and changed it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Funny my 14 jeep the buttons did the presets unless you held down the button for it to seek

Users who are viewing this thread