Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Runng too rich?

ylwrseoftx

Reaction score
I have a 19 tuned with a full delete. Tune is on a MM3 with tunes by Smarty. When I did the delete the exhaust was awful, as was expected. It's been almost a year now though and it's still pretty awful. Like choke you out just at idle. I know what diesel exhaust is supposed to smell like. I live & breathe diesels being on the farm. We can be around the exhaust from any of our tractors or my husband's 12 valve and none of them are like what my truck is putting out. It's almost like the truck is running too rich.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something like this? I'm assuming my next option is to get with Smarty and figure up a new tune maybe? Unless someone has a better suggestion...

flan

Reaction score
I have a 19 tuned with a full delete. Tune is on a MM3 with tunes by Smarty. When I did the delete the exhaust was awful, as was expected. It's been almost a year now though and it's still pretty awful. Like choke you out just at idle. I know what diesel exhaust is supposed to smell like. I live & breathe diesels being on the farm. We can be around the exhaust from any of our tractors or my husband's 12 valve and none of them are like what my truck is putting out. It's almost like the truck is running too rich.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced something like this? I'm assuming my next option is to get with Smarty and figure up a new tune maybe? Unless someone has a better suggestion...
Any haze at idle? That always made my eyes water on my old 12 valves

arcstarter

Reaction score
My CCS tune is a bit smokey when cold start 0c and cooler if I don't plug in the block heater, once warmed up no smoke or anything. I have an HO

ylwrseoftx

Reaction score
Visibly the exhaust is fine. I don't have smoke at start up, a little when it's cold out of course, but otherwise *visibly* it's fine, it's the smell of it that's very overpowering. Like dunking your head in a 55gal drum of burning diesel (if such a thing were possible)

Users who are viewing this thread