Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C147B code - Front Axle disconnect sensor circuit performance Light with a Service 4WD Error

hergfest

Reaction score
Got the above code on a road trip, don’t have time to leave it at a dealer for a few days. Symptoms were pulling an enclosed trailer that weighs about 9k pounds and at 70mph I heard a noise from the front end then the CEL came on. We pulled over tried to get the noise to reproduce but couldn’t. Got back on the road and the CEL came on again after 5 miles. Sounded like the 4wd was trying to engage at speed so we pulled the fuse for the transfer case and slowed down. It was fine until the next day going 70mph again and got the CEL light again. Been doing 60-65mph since (over four days) and the CEL hasn’t come on again. Took to the dealer today and they think it’s either the wiring to the front axle disconnect or the sensor itself. Being that I can’t leave it at the dealer, is there another fuse I can pull to the front axle won’t engage? I won’t be needing the 4wd on the way home. The fuse box diagram doesn’t really say what controls the front axle disconnect. Sorry if this is in the wrong section I’m new to the site.

osborn24

Reaction score
Got the above code on a road trip, don’t have time to leave it at a dealer for a few days. Symptoms were pulling an enclosed trailer that weighs about 9k pounds and at 70mph I heard a noise from the front end then the CEL came on. We pulled over tried to get the noise to reproduce but couldn’t. Got back on the road and the CEL came on again after 5 miles. Sounded like the 4wd was trying to engage at speed so we pulled the fuse for the transfer case and slowed down. It was fine until the next day going 70mph again and got the CEL light again. Been doing 60-65mph since (over four days) and the CEL hasn’t come on again. Took to the dealer today and they think it’s either the wiring to the front axle disconnect or the sensor itself. Being that I can’t leave it at the dealer, is there another fuse I can pull to the front axle won’t engage? I won’t be needing the 4wd on the way home. The fuse box diagram doesn’t really say what controls the front axle disconnect. Sorry if this is in the wrong section I’m new to the site.
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I just experienced this towing a trailer.
Thanks

hergfest

Reaction score
No, dealer couldn’t reproduce the problem so they wouldn’t fix it. Ended up trading in the 2017 for a new 2022, problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread