Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

66RFE rebuild?

OldSoul_67

Reaction score
I know the transmission isn't the greatest, but it works for what I need. Daily driving most of the time and the occasional heavy tow. My solenoid pack went bad a took out the trans and I haven't been able to find a dedicated rebuild kit for it. Is the 68RFE kit the same? It's pretty much all that shows up when I look for one

flan

Reaction score
I know the transmission isn't the greatest, but it works for what I need. Daily driving most of the time and the occasional heavy tow. My solenoid pack went bad a took out the trans and I haven't been able to find a dedicated rebuild kit for it. Is the 68RFE kit the same? It's pretty much all that shows up when I look for one
You can probably check out one of the oem Ram parts sellers online and see if there’s different part numbers. Or get in touch with Randy’s or revmax for parts support.

OldSoul_67

Reaction score
You can probably check out one of the oem Ram parts sellers online and see if there’s different part numbers. Or get in touch with Randy’s or revmax for parts support.
I'll have to see what I can find. I was already looking into Randy's so I'll probably end up giving them a call either way. Thank you

BA4321

Reaction score
I work in a transmission and drive train shop. Never built a 66 but plenty of 45/545/68RFE's. Just looked in the WIT catalog and they offer a 66 specific paper & rubber kit but the kits that include frictions/steels only the 68 is listed. Don't have a current Transtar catalog back here in the shop....I think it's online up front. I would assume the 68 kits would work on the 66....

Users who are viewing this thread