Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 3500 AEV prospector XL - FWC Hawk

4x4ready

Reaction score
Finally had chance to put together the ultimate truck I’ve been dreaming about for a while.

2022 RAM 3500 Sport AEV Prospector XL
- heated seats / steering wheel
- HO Cummins
- 12” rear end
- Payload 3,800#
- Upgraded to OEM Night Edition LED myself since it wasn’t available with Olive color.

2021 Four Wheel Camper Hawk side dinette.

Planed upgrades
- Redarc redvision system
- Dakota lithium 270ah batteries
- gray water tank in spare tire area
- Rigd supply spare tire mount
- Custom leaf’s for my specific setup / weight.
- 4.44s for a 12” rear end + lockers.

20745DCE-7C4F-4FBF-9ADE-F4A48B887923.jpeg

DE4A515A-9DEB-4EA2-BCA6-DD4654EC9C6B.jpeg

1FFCD624-4023-4B35-95CF-4E8AD88BC9A4.jpeg

4CA6BD9A-34E8-413E-B903-8B6D96C012EC.jpeg

B5B80C26-50DA-4F9C-8D95-3E9D4E18403C.jpeg

Last edited:

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Finally had chance to put together the ultimate truck I’ve been dreaming about for a while.

Been following your process on IG. Hoping to have my camper in July/August and I will be back in So Cal, looking to lower and move the camper forward as you did. We went with the side dinette after spending time in our daughters front dinette. Love the storage it offers but sliding into the seats or getting up on the bed was a royal pain. Is that why you made the switch also?

4x4ready

Reaction score
Been following your process on IG. Hoping to have my camper in July/August and I will be back in So Cal, looking to lower and move the camper forward as you did. We went with the side dinette after spending time in our daughters front dinette. Love the storage it offers but sliding into the seats or getting up on the bed was a royal pain. Is that why you made the switch also?

Thanks for the follow! Yes exactly, also we wanted a larger side window and the ability seat more then 2 people down below. We can also fit bikes inside more easily. Happy to share what I did to lower it and what bumpers to use.

ssrgeoff

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow! Yes exactly, also we wanted a larger side window and the ability seat more then 2 people down below. We can also fit bikes inside more easily. Happy to share what I did to lower it and what bumpers to use.

Good to know... definitely interested in how you achieved that. Incredible rig you have there, wish Olive Green was still offered.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
I did source them, were waii

I did find a supplier, he has the gears in stock but we are waiting on the bearings and a replacement rear carrier for the 12.0. Will keep you posted!

What??? Definitely keep us posted. You're the first I've heard of finding gears.

GPurcell01

Reaction score

Cumminsluv

Reaction score

- heated seats / steering wheel
- HO Cummins
- 12” rear end
- Payload 3,800#
- Upgraded to OEM Night Edition LED myself since it wasn’t available with Olive color.

Planed upgrades
- Redarc redvision system
- Dakota lithium 270ah batteries
- gray water tank in spare tire area
- Rigd supply spare tire mount
- Custom leaf’s for my specific setup / weight.
- 4.44s for a 12” rear end + lockers.

View attachment 49551

View attachment 49550

View attachment 49552

View attachment 49553

View attachment 49556
Epic Rig. You went all out. very nice setup. I went with the ghetto truckbed camper setup with an ARE Topper and turned the bed into a camper

4x4ready

Reaction score
Epic Rig. You went all out. very nice setup. I went with the ghetto truckbed camper setup with an ARE Topper and turned the bed into a camper
That's how I started and it was a blast building DIY cabinets, sink, house battery, etc. I grew in to this setup over a 5 year period. That also involved flipping a few utility trailers on the side to fund the camper. Took me about 5 years but was well worth it. I had plenty of fun in my other truck camper setups. I found the FWC camper private party and that saved a bit as well. A year later and I still love this setup and had a few opportunities to switch it but stayed with this.

Enve46

Reaction score
This is awesome. Love the build, will follow along on IG. Great color, its my favorite of all the color offerings. Couldn't find one in a mega cab when I was looking

4x4ready

Reaction score
This is awesome. Love the build, will follow along on IG. Great color, its my favorite of all the color offerings. Couldn't find one in a mega cab when I was looking

Sending you a DM - my customer is selling a Olive Greeen night edition 22' 3500 Prospector XL Megacab w/ a 2022 FWC Hawk Front Dinette if your interested.

Users who are viewing this thread