Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. AH64ID

Trailer running lights without truck headlights?

Parking lights have been called running lights longer than DRL’s have been around. DRL’s are DRL’s, and shouldn’t be confused with parking/running lights but it appears to happen.
  2. AH64ID

I think that’s pretty common. I’ve never heard either term be used for anything different.
  3. AH64ID

Exhaust System Service Required See Dealer

I read that as ignition to run. You should only need to have the engine running if the dash tells you the voltage is too low. The system operates the same in Run with our without the engine running as long as their is sufficient voltage.
  4. AH64ID

22 2500 diesel 17k miles oil sample results

Looks fairly normal for a low mileage engine. Where is the TBN reading?
  5. AH64ID

Exhaust System Service Required See Dealer

Where in the manual do you see that? I see where it says the air suspension will remain active for 5 minutes after shutting the ignition off and after 5 minutes the ignition will need to be turned to on/run for the air suspension to reactivate.
  6. AH64ID

That’s not how it’s supposed to work. The running lights on the trailer are on the same switch circuit at the parking lights. I’d be talking the truck to the dealer.
  7. AH64ID

What options are must for you?

GVWR is for marketing and meaningless number just about everywhere. Don’t exceed your axle ratings and call it good. For example in Idaho the only place it’s mentioned in the statutes is in the glossary. There is no weight law that utilizes GVWR. Every state I’ve researched is similar. Ram...
  8. AH64ID

Going from parking to headlight has no effect on trailer lights. Did you give the camera sufficient time to power up and transmit before trying headlights?
  9. AH64ID

Regen

I just watch it for trends, and have on all my diesels. 10° of fluctuation is minimal. Yes, IAT will decrease as load increases because the EGR flow decreases. That is until the intercooler can't keep up with the increased ambient temp of sustained high boost while pulling a grade at high...
  10. AH64ID

Regen

With EGR there is not much fluctuation in IAT’s, at least not like a diesel without an EGR.
  11. AH64ID

I don’t think it’s required in any state to have DRL’s at the GVWR’s the HD are at.
  12. AH64ID

For US trucks you can disable DRL’s in the uconnect settings.
  13. AH64ID

It likely is wired correctly. Many of the wireless RV cameras tap into the parking lights for power so that you don't have to run any wires. It's actually pretty slick. The 7 pin + is always hot unless the battery is disconnected, so you would need to add a switch. With the parking lights the...
  14. AH64ID

You can just turn the parking lights on, and leave the headlights off.
  15. AH64ID

Cluster gauge problems not showing blue ring

Has to be a sensor/wiring error for that temp.
  16. AH64ID

What options are must for you?

That’s no joke. I was bored today and played with a 24 build. The site was full of more glitches than accuracies.
  17. AH64ID

High mileage 2022’s

I figured. Greg’s a solid dude. Need to give him a call soon, been a while since we chatted.
  18. AH64ID

Dash went black

What is the 11.5 display? Is this on your sig 2020 truck?
  19. AH64ID

High mileage 2022’s

Cab and Chassis
  20. AH64ID

High mileage 2022’s

He’s racking them up fast, but it’s a C&C not a HO.